77 Project

I have been impersonated by a Nigerian scammer, so am off Facebook for awhile Anyway, the 1977 Cadillac Superior originally in Drumheller is nearing completion. Hope to post some photos when done.

Attachments

• 77progress.jpg
    77progress.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 368
  • 77restore1.jpg
    77restore1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 359
  • thumbnail_Bare metal all the way_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_Bare metal all the way_resized.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 77drum.jpg
    77drum.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 77drum2.jpg
    77drum2.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 367
Jim, I love the visual appearance. Drumheller is just "down the road" from Calgary, and wonderful to see how you are preserving this one. :thumbsup:

Getting there

Yes, getting there. This has been about a year in the making, but my interest in this car dates back to 2005 when I lived in Minnesota. Tony had older photos and some history of this car dating back much further. Stay tuned.

Progress

Was hoping to make the Christmas parades, but will be happy for the 4th of July!

Attachments

• AMR77.jpg
    AMR77.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 191
Paint

I work with AMR and these are the colors they use on their rigs. This completed Cadillac is a 1978 (not sure where it originally served) that does educational and promotional work in Connecticut.

Attachments

• AMRFord.jpg
    AMRFord.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 155
  • AMRCT.jpg
    AMRCT.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 150
The AMR Transport in CT is formerly one of the Dundee, NY cars - Dundee had two of them.

I recognized the paint scheme of yours, I work for AMR in Maryland.

Attachments

• 78SupTpt09Dundee1.jpg
    78SupTpt09Dundee1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 120
Here is a link that gives more information about the downsized Superior Cadillac ambulances. The car in the first post is still owned by me, and hopefully, by this time next year, I hope to spend some time re-assembling it. I am still looking for a rear bumper if anyone knows of one. I believe that this the only piece that got lost at the paint shop.

http://professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13145

Back