Need info on car cover

My HOA won't let me park my Pontiac on my side drive until she's "pretty". I'm thinking about a car cover to satisfy them. Does anyone have any idea where I could find a car cover big enough? Thanks. Bruce

I know that California Car Cover can make them. I know a few people in the club that have them. Perhaps they will chime in about their experience.

Sarah

Cover

I know that California Car Cover can make them. I know a few people in the club that have them. Perhaps they will chime in about their experience.

Sarah

That’s where I bought one for my 72 S&S hearse from and they had a pattern on hand , if not they can email or mail you a dimension chart that you fill out for your particular application. Funny thing is that it came from Cover craft to Ca Car Cover then to me . I would check Cover Craft first as it appears that is where they are getting their covers from? It fit perfect but the one I bought is just as a dust cover for inside storage , they have tons of options on the materials for inside outside storage.

I have had good experiences with California Car Cover Company, and have bought probably 5 or 6 of their Noah covers over the years.
They have many measurements in house if it is a common car, so I could call and say, "I need a Noah cover for a 76 M-M"...and they guy would find one for a 76 Superior and we would use those measurements...

I too have had good experiance with Cali Car Covers. But....a cover for a 73 Superior will fit a 73 M-M but not 100%. I found thru experiance. Seems like a Superior windshield stands up straighter and a M-M is leaned back a little more. It will fit though!

I got a steer from Kent D. years ago to California Car Cover Co. and have been pleased. I remember that the patterns for various commercial chassised Cadillacs spanned the line between a large and extra large size, which had implications to the price of the cover. I'm sure a '57 Superior Pontiac would be a "large." Your car is somewhat smaller than say, a '76 M-M or Superior, but CCC probably has a pattern previously made from another customer's dimensions for your car, or one very similar size-wize. You might need to research wheelbases and other dimensions for several years each side of '57, in case they tell you something like "We have one for a '60 Superior Pontiac." Good luck w/ your search, Bruce, and welcome to PCS!

California car cover

I only have good things to say about CCC. I know I bought my first cover new.....we have a lot of wind here and my coach sits out in the full sun and rain during the summer......and the cover did get ripped a bit and repaired locally. When I phoned CCC to get some extra material to repair it with, I was informed it had a 3 yr warranty, and all I had to do was get the bar code from it........send it in and they would replace the whole cover for FREE. Well I had no bar code, but there was a stencilled number on the cover at the front below the logo, and I cut that out...sent it in and a few weeks later I had a new cover. Now they did not add the grommets where I asked, but I was happy enough to get the new cover. They paid the shipping too, but I had to pay Provincial and Federal sales taxes as we usually do up here....about $80, but still.

Very good !

Dave

had good luck with then also. the other co custom craft has been in business a long time to. so it just a matter of comparing prices. they (Ca Custom)will sent you a sheet with reference points to measure from. you then can have the cover made to fit your car with the lights one it. things like the load lights they will put a pocket for. if the car sites out side I have discovered in SD we need to put a bungee cord threw the grommets so that the wind doses not blow them off.

Thanks to everyone for all of the cc cover info. The car actually fits in the garage (but that means I might need a cover for my 07 PD cruiser lol) She'll stay in the garage until my daughter starts driving...we've got a while.

Back