1952 Chevrolet Barnette Hearse "Combination"

Keep in mind that the front clip has been replaced. This is the rig that Jeanne bought in South Dakota for the parts that she needed. Many good parts to offer still on this one!

that back door goes for about 10 years. that would be if Guy Barnett would not have moved the hinges to the right. still looking for a jump seat out of one of these.

It is a 52 with a 51 two door hard top front end on it. Barnette made coaches with a driver side opening rear door. There are also Pontiac tail lights in this one.
So, I was freaked out to see a Barnette with square side doors, but there they are.

It is a 52 with a 51 two door hard top front end on it. Barnette made coaches with a driver side opening rear door. There are also Pontiac tail lights in this one.
So, I was freaked out to see a Barnette with square side doors, but there they are.

One of the ways to till it is a barnette .

It is a 52 with a 51 two door hard top front end on it.
Thanks for the clarification. I must have missed that detail if it had been mentioned before.

So, I was freaked out to see a Barnette with square side doors
I saw that the door tops were squared off like a National which I thjought was out of place for a Barnette.
Are the doors from a sedan delivery that were modified or from a regular sedan?
Someone had put a sedan door on my National so it is squared at the top but it does not fit the sedan delivery frame correctly at the belt line. I'm wondering how the fit is on your '52.
The pics below show the various combinations. Which is on the '52?
- The top left pic is from a correct door match on a National. Using the
sedan delivery door and modifying the top to be squared off as well as the
top of the door frame.

- The top right pic is from a 1952 Chevy Sedan. The top of which is normally
squared off.

- The bottom pic is from a mismatched sedan door on a sedan delivery
frame. The previous owner put a sedan door on because, I assume, the
squared off tops matched. However the damage from this configuration is
evident at the belt line.

National modified the sedan delivery door and door frame.
Barnette normally used the sedan deliver door and frame as is.

ThanksNational.jpgSedan.jpgIncorrect match.jpg

OK, then that is a standard sedan door. Was the frame modified at the belt line to accept the square sedan door. I ask because all sedan delivery doors were rounded. If the door and the belt line area are both squared off this would seem strange to me. Maybe Ed can chime in on this one.

Back