Upcoming Funeral Home Auction

Ironically, I recently worked with a family who wanted their loved one shipped to Walter D. Sullivan & Son FH in Binghamton, NY from Sacramento, California. I'm pretty sure it is the same one listed on the auction website. The business has recently changed ownership and are in the process of changing its name to Aegis Cremation & Funeral Services (doesn't have quite the cool factor as the original name in my opinion, just changing with the times I suppose). Sullivan's, as the family explained, were known as the old-money Catholic firm in town. The business was a pleasure to work with professionally. A lot of cool things for sale, the nameplates are absolutely stunning; as they show the progression of its history as a firm. Thanks a lot for posting!

Ironically, I recently worked with a family who wanted their loved one shipped to Walter D. Sullivan & Son FH in Binghamton, NY from Sacramento, California. I'm pretty sure it is the same one listed on the auction website. The business has recently changed ownership and are in the process of changing its name to Aegis Cremation & Funeral Services (doesn't have quite the cool factor as the original name in my opinion, just changing with the times I suppose). Sullivan's, as the family explained, were known as the old-money Catholic firm in town. The business was a pleasure to work with professionally. A lot of cool things for sale, the nameplates are absolutely stunning; as they show the progression of its history as a firm. Thanks a lot for posting!

I really NEED the two Superior hearse nameplates,...

Actually, a surprisingly small amount of funeral home related stuff. Looks to me like just another antique auction, for the most part.

Just back from Mapes auction house

Just got back @ 01:30 from mapes auction house in vestal,ny.Got there too late for the hearse nameplates.the whole lot went for $ 260.00. the six cp-25 speakers went for $35.00 each.one bidder took them all.

I was lucky enough to walk away with the federal double tone, and the mars 888 light.also a buell airhorn.also bid on and won a cardboard box of misc.ambulance parts,several nice items,including some nos s&s stainless trim pieces.stay tuned,more to come!

Almost 440 miles roundtrip,but well worth the ride!!!!!!:893USA-Smilie-thumb

Just got back @ 01:30 from mapes auction house in vestal,ny.Got there too late for the hearse nameplates.the whole lot went for $ 260.00. the six cp-25 speakers went for $35.00 each.one bidder took them all.

I was lucky enough to walk away with the federal double tone, and the mars 888 light.also a buell airhorn.also bid on and won a cardboard box of misc.ambulance parts,several nice items,including some nos s&s stainless trim pieces.stay tuned,more to come!

Almost 440 miles roundtrip,but well worth the ride!!!!!!:893USA-Smilie-thumb

Denny,

Glad you were able to get something for your time and travel invested .......

Congrats on the Mars 888 and the double-tone...and the NOS stainless is always nice....

Those CP25's were a BARGAIN for $35.00 working or not......I have been watching them on E-Bay for the last 2 months looking for a decent one for a good price to match my loner... and even beat up ones are bringing $60.00-$80.00 each !! and decent ones are well above a $100.00.....There is a pair of nice ones right now for $152.50 and the auctions not over....
Oh well like I said glad you had a safe trip and were able to score some items !!
Jim;)

Anyone here nab anything?

Really really loved that kneeler. Ultimately wasn't interested in shipping it.

since you mentioned kneeler, what is a fair price for one of these? I know an antique shop that has had one for years, I have thought about getting it many times but not sure how much is too much. (Ya, I know its worth what you are willing to pay) but I would like to have an idea.

$100 on low end, $400(+) on high end. As expected condition and intricacy are elements. A key factor assessing value on period items (kneeler, torchiere, candles, podium, etc.) however? Either funeral or mortuary stamped/cast/marked on underside. Higher demand if so, separating intention for funeral industry that consistently fetches higher premium among collectors. ;)

Attila,i did not decide to go to that auction untill early yesterday morning.If i had known you were interested in that kneeler i surely would have bid on it for you,and then i would have brought it home.we could have figured out how to get it to you later.Like charlie brown,i was a little wishy-washy about deciding on going to this auction or not.:stars:

Some more deals that did not interest me:

Mass card holder (gold plated?) with hand clasps $110.00

12 purple magnetic "funeral" flags $95.00

2 very nice vigil lights/w spare globes $180.00

4 tall candle holders (for large candles) wood $80.00

1 case of large candles for above $45.00

If i go to any more of these auctions i will post on here ahead of time in case anyone has interest in any items.

Back