'77 Rear tire size

On a 77 i would not go any bigger then a 235 /75 Check it close tho.. Might be a little big. I think my 78 had 225 but can't remember .

I have 235/75/15 on my 1978 Superior Cadillac, and there is plenty of room for them.

Since you ask about the widest tire you can squeeze in...
The 255/70/R15 is the widest and biggest I can tuck under the rear of any hearse without heavy mods, and at times you do have to trim the inner lip of the wheel opening. Using a stock-offset 7" and the 255/70/R15 tire it'll be VERY close clearance without rubbing. On a coach very similar to yours I went an extra step and tricked my load leveling system to make the coach sit higher in the rear for extra peace of mind... but didn't have to trim the inner lip.

3388579831_5a0556f037_b.jpg

Older coaches with skirts require heavy trimming inside the skirt lip:

IMG_0703.jpg

PM me if you want to discuss the specifics of fitment.

Thanks guys, I think I have 235/75's on mine too. Think I will go with the 255's then. Dwayne how do you mess with the leveler? I believe I have that system but not sure. There is a pump of some sort on the right side inside my engine bay just behind the right headlight but theres no interior switch or anything

Not to hijack this thread , but here is something I thought I would never use but going to give them a try for my VW driver .At about 166.00 a tire for a whitewall just is not worth it to me. The proof will be when I take it for a drive.:eek:

Port a walls have been around since AT LEAST the 70s, they dont stay on very well, and will start flapping going down the road in a few months. If you get a good whitewall tire maker like DiamondBack classics, they will be well worth the price. Mine have been on my 49 S&S for 8 years now, and about 40-50 thousand of miles and still look new.

Back