'11 Hunt: '51 Superior AF Ambulance

In a never ending quest to bring you procar fodder>>>>>

5580032912_12af376242_b.jpg

Known of this one for several years. Finally passing through the area to inspect.

5579448077_8bf0b3e481_b.jpg

Parked here in '70 with a mere 37,419 original miles logged. Owner used to drive this around in the late '60s. It has become a monument of the business. Many people have tried to buy over the years...

5580057334_3291d02d94_b.jpg

Sure, it is a little crusty yet eminently worthy of restoration. Perhaps one day someone will. Drivertrain still intact - complete with LaSalle sideloader manual transmission. Nummy.

5580035388_f2d3d1595f_b.jpg

Allow me to convey the utter filth required to bring you this money shot. Ugh.

Totally worth it though. Employees had work shirts with this ambulance as their logo on a patch. I asked the owner if he had any extra patches for sale as they were cool! Laughingly, he said no. An employee within earshot promptly ripped the patch off his shirt and handed it to me!

5580037834_6d1b4e5320_z.jpg

Gotta' love southern hospitality. Turns out they were floored that someone actually knew about their old iconic ambulance.

Many, many more coaches are planned in upcoming weeks. Bet your last dollar the culmination is one worth the hype: A famous ex-Mexican hearse.

You should pitch Discovery Channel......"Adventures with Atti"......new reality series.....Im sure it would be better than the new one with Ted Vernon......:puking:

Attila

Cool story bro !
The patch part is great.

Cary

The problem with reality shows is... its all scripted !
Don't think for a minute that its not.

Attila wouldn't want any part of that BS !

They would never work with a guy with passion or drive.
They would want to make him someone hes not and tell him what to do where to go and in the end... he would tell them where to go !

If it could be a "real" reality show, Attila would make a very interesting one for sure.

Darren

Back