strangest things happen

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
so i was just driving past this house in Il with a empty trailer and some guy says hay I got this old car you want it? so I pulled into his yard and put down the ramps and he drove it onto the trailer and thanks me for taking it. life is weird some days. glad to get back home they are talking rain and rain mixed with snow tonight here. we did get it off the trailer just as the sprinkles started. we'll see. but here is my view for about 12 hr and then for about 6 more on the way home. a shot of the Mississippi river early morning from half way looking into Ia.

Attachments

• IMG_1029a.jpg
    IMG_1029a.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1031a.jpg
    IMG_1031a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1032a.jpg
    IMG_1032a.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0983a.jpg
    IMG_0983a.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1036a.jpg
    IMG_1036a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 321
American PC Car Pickers

OK how about we get a new reality show started John. You just drive around in a truck with a trailer and we film you walking up to total strangers and asking them if they have any old ambulances or hearses!

This week on the History Channel "American Professional Car Pickers"

That's just not fair! :cry:

I've been dreaming of a '58 Cadillac pro car for years and waiting for one I could afford to come along, and people just give them to you!

Hey Ed, how'd you like to make a quick $1000 bucks?? :D

Funny Ed. I've never seen pics of this car til now, looks to be a rather solid car. I know he has ben wanting to get this car done for a while now. I'm sure he will be very happy with it when its finished. Keep us updated on the progress, as I'm sure you will.

Josh

You can't fool me.. You stole that out of someones yard when they were at church. :bonk:

Christmas came early for someone. Congratulations! These were rare when new and ever more so these days. We'll be looking forward to seeing this one restored at a PCS show sometime in the near future...I hope.

That beautiful 58 Eureka used to be mine. If you ever get bored with it I will gladly buy it back. I bought it from a gentleman in Koutz Indiana about 12 years ago. Sold it to a gentleman in Rock Falls, IL about 11 years ago in order to help finance my wedding. Sure was a pretty car with lots of potential. Congratulations & Enjoy. 1958 is my favorite year for Eureka.

will all I'll say is his wife did write me a check for 2g just to take it home. bought a battery for it today and it fired right up. but it's not really mine just yet and most likly will never be. but it will be some fun. nice to to get a little Hx on it. is there a car in Il that hasn't filter thew Darline's hands? it will be the next big project after the 63. we were going over to help with Kandy's mother's sale and wanted to get it moved before the snow flies. which if your just south or west of me is today. so we'll tuck it away here to what for space in the garage. it a farly compleat combo no time to play with it now but looks all there.

American Professional Car Pickers Show

OK how about we get a new reality show started John. You just drive around in a truck with a trailer and we film you walking up to total strangers and asking them if they have any old ambulancess or hearses!

This week on the History Channel "American Professional Car Pickers"

I would watch, in fact I would set a timer to remind me and record it as well.

'58 Eureka

After the troubles with your car at the Hudson Meet, you deserve a break, and it appears you got one! Congratulations! If I didn't already have a Eureka I'd be reallllly jealous. Now... two questions. What is the manufacturer's number? Also, what style is it? endloader? 3-way? or what? Pic below is from the '58 to be sold from the Hartung Collection.

Attachments

• DSC_0098.jpg
    DSC_0098.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 137
this would be a combo set up as a ambulance. now I have to confess to clear up and confusion. Virgle Onnen is the proud owner of the car. it has a Hx with him that has to do with the man that did the mechanical on it . for personal reasons he was unable to follow up on his commitment to finish the car. when we were back there in July staging our push to Ohio he asked me to look at it. I had promised him I would be able to get to it if he still wanted me to. so this was our first available time to run back over to bring it out and it can sit here till I can get it on the slow moving tread mill. we needed to move it from were it was. I have them long enough that they all feel like babies to me anyway. in fact I have keep them longer then some people keep them when they are whole. watching them come back to gather and going on to a new home is like launching kids into the world. here is the tag off it. maybe some day I'll have a late 50s limo style combo or low top ambulance made by Eureka but till them I get to fix one and drive it.

Attachments

• IMG_9617a.jpg
    IMG_9617a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 114
Back