2nd old funeral home score in less than 2 months

Josh, someone on this site bought the family car. We can wait for him to respond. ;)

Couple gurneys. Take your pick for $100.

dsc00694nf.jpg

dsc00693y.jpg

Initially I thought this wheelchair may be Victorian. After seeing markings on reverse, probably early 1900s. It reads:

SMITH FUNERAL SERVICE
Ambulance and Oxygen Service
Gibsonville, NC

Can't quite make manufacturer's mark out. Oval design, 5 letter: ?L?SH maybe? Really cool piece. Someone will need it. Until then it may see use if I dress as a steampunk for Halloween. (<---Joke. Haven't time this year - although it would be a wonderful prop!)

dsc00697bm.jpg

Went hard after a folder containing large '50s b/w photographs taken professionally by Maynard's Studio in Darlington, NC. Rewarded with 9 shots showing Bartlett FH and employees. Again, excuse glares. A sample:

dsc00703bs.jpg

And my favorite:

dsc00700b.jpg

:071:

Although the location shown opened in the early '50s, the family had been in the funeral parlor business going all the way back to the late 1700s(!). We found a few small remnants in a garage from a '36 Chevy hearse.

74 cadillac

I bought the 74 cadillac at the auction. Under all the dirt at nastyness, was a beautiful example of a 62 thousand mile, waxed every month 74 cadillac. It might be for sale. Attlia said he would post pics soon.

What a terrible thing to see a funeral home who dedicated its self to their community as a funeral home and ambulance service that now is defunted. What a shame, in a few years my son will take over my business and hope all the commitment we have given to our community never ends up like this firm.

What a terrible thing to see a funeral home who dedicated its self to their community as a funeral home and ambulance service that now is defunted. What a shame, in a few years my son will take over my business and hope all the commitment we have given to our community never ends up like this firm.

i agree, up here we have seen many business closed and never coming back.

Ah...

So it *is* black. Very, very nice. I love me a black 4 door Cadillac. Congrats, congrats, congrats, Stephen. And of course Attila, too. :)

Back