'58 Superior 3-Way Limousine Style

defiantly a nice car when it's done but the table gone is more of a problem them the engine tyranny. some rust did we mention no title. but only one piece of trim missing .

A Nice, Honest Representation

Great Candidate for a comprehensive restoration. You have to wonder if you couldn't have flat glass made for the rear window or borrow it from another year, or even Coach Builder. The VIN # is on the frame so, with a legal Bill of Sale, most DMV's will do an inspection and issue a title. I'll check my Cadillac books later and find out the location where it's stamped. Price starting right and already '1' bidder. Last time I saw one, like this, it was mint and in TX. about 4 years ago.

I already informed seller of VIN location. Just discovered I have 68 Pontiac Superior navy ambulance rear glass out in stock I think the same as Cadillac.

Thanks for doing so! I sent the seller a message through ebay trying to explain the location of the VIN as well. You probably did a better job than I; I found myself at a loss for clarity when trying to explain it...Danny had to explain it to me over the phone when I was looking for my VIN, it still took me time and a few yoga moves to locate it.

Same as 1959....

Still cleaning up after the Hurricane here. Back at office;
Sure 'nuff, the VIN is located just behind the radiator on top of the frame rail. as now noted. Usually have to use a putty knife and the steel wool to scrape off the 58 yr.old crud. But, it is in an easy access location. FYI: its also on the engine 'pad' by the front of the head, but that wont apply here as-no engine. Cadillac claims they made 1,915 8690S Commercial Chassis that year and Superior states 802 made in all forms. It was called the 'Beau Monde' (Criterion Styling) and it came in two different variations(601 and 602); $10,039 to $11,277 depending on electric or manual table+ $758 for the Lev-L Matic suspension. No stats on exactly how many of each model made but would have to be low production due to the price new. Hope that helps...

This one is not in Darrens back yard it is just north of London Ont,guess the seller isn't sure where he lives.Thanks for posting.not really sure what I am looking at and not a hearse expert but if interested could venture up there for you.

Last edited:
Table

defiantly a nice car when it's done but the table gone is more of a problem them the engine tyranny. some rust did we mention no title. but only one piece of trim missing .

59-to mid 70,s Superiors used the same table and some early S&S also. Not sure if 58 is the same but if it is lots of years to choose from and if not a 59 and up would look at home in it.

Matt Mahutga has a '73 Superior 3-way parts car with a very nice and complete table. Coach is currently for sale.

We have a 3 way mechanism from a '53 Superior for sale. Good condition. No table, just the mechanism. I'm betting it is the same as the missing mechanism from the above car.

Back