1976 Cadillac Ambulance for Sale

all ways good to bump this things back up. they maybe some one that now wants one. but most of the time there is something fishy going on with the car. can't remember any details on this one but I know we discussed it back on the old website.

Buyer BEWARE of this unit.....she sent me some pictures and this vehicle has been sitting for 10 years, at least, if not longer. PCS member Jon Wurm looked at this car 10 years ago and said that the rust wasn't too bad back then. But since it's been sitting outside in all the weather it's really gone down hill. The right front door is rusted half-way up to the side moulding and there's rust on the tops of the right doors up into the roof. Give me a day or two and I'll try to have pictures posted in the Sad Pro-Cars thread and you can see for yourself how bad a shape this car is in between the pictures from then to now.....and they're asking $4,450 for it!!! She says that she drove it 30 miles and it 'runs great'. Was that just recently or was that 10 years ago or longer? She didn't answer my questions about the running condition with specifics, just what I posted. It was also listed at $25,000 10 years ago according to Jon. They can't even get the GM VIN number correct! On the OldRide website the 5th digit is an 'X' and then she emailed me the VIN with the 5th digit as a '5'.....it should be an 'S' for the 500 cu. in engine. She also said that the car had been sitting for 4-5 years, NOT the 10 years or longer that Jon told me about. I don't think you can trust them to be totally honest and up front about anything about this car! This is just my opinion on what knowledge that I've learned from Jon and the email that I got from her.....

Last edited:
Motivated Seller

the pictures don't change. this seller have been motivated for a few years now.

Yeah, they're motivated alright.....coming down from $25K ten years ago to $4,450.00 obo on the current OldRide web ad and the email I got from her said that she'd take the $4,450.00 if I'm interested.........:confused:

Buyer BEWARE of this unit.....she sent me some pictures and this vehicle has been sitting for 10 years, at least, if not longer. PCS member Jon Wurm looked at this car 10 years ago and said that the rust wasn't too bad back then. But since it's been sitting outside in all the weather it's really gone down hill. The right front door is rusted half-way up to the side moulding and there's rust on the tops of the right doors up into the roof. Give me a day or two and I'll try to have pictures posted in the Sad Pro-Cars thread and you can see for yourself how bad a shape this car is in between the pictures from then to now.....and they're asking $4,450 for it!!! She says that she drove it 30 miles and it 'runs great'. Was that just recently or was that 10 years ago or longer? She didn't answer my questions about the running condition with specifics, just what I posted. It was also listed at $25,000 10 years ago according to Jon. They can't even get the GM VIN number correct! On the OldRide website the 5th digit is an 'X' and then she emailed me the VIN with the 5th digit as a '5'.....it should be an 'S' for the 500 cu. in engine. She also said that the car had been sitting for 4-5 years, NOT the 10 years or longer that Jon told me about. I don't think you can trust them to be totally honest and up front about anything about this car! This is just my opinion on what knowledge that I've learned from Jon and the email that I got from her.....

I inquired about this car in Febuary and she also sent me additional pictures..however,they were only of the "good" areas......
She said that if I PAYPAL'D her $2850.00 she would let it go...so I said I would think about it and perhaps take a drive to see it.....
She responded that "I had to PAY first...then come get it and the offer only stood for 24 hours.....??? HHmmmmmmmmm:pat:

Classic Cars International of Salt Lake City, Utah

Money grubbers. What do you expect from a place that call itself 'Classic Cars International'? If they UNDERSTOOD the way that car was built by a Coachbuilder and not Cadillac Motor Car Division of GM, maybe they'd taken better care of that car to protect it from the elements!! Did you notice in one of the pictures that she may have sent you that it's parked almost in front of a garage door?? :twak:

This car has been in Oklahoma for some time now. Since it's a little rusty, a complete 1974 Landau Traditional was purchased as a donor car ("after" photo below).

The Lifeliner came from the Vase F.H. in Rock Springs, WY; they bought it used from Bob Dietz.

The person that owns these cars also bought the '68 Pontiac that was for sale a while back.

Attachments

• 359.jpg
    359.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 641
  • 342.jpg
    342.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 633
  • 339.jpg
    339.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 645
no matter how you look at it thats a bad car. so I take it the donor car is pictured after he has removed what he feels he needs to repair the life liner. a little more trimming and you have the perfect parade wagon.

going in that far for the graft is a lot easer then it looks. you really have only a few places to weld. but then your stuck with the same damage that has started in the same places on the replacement panels. there is no such thing as clean used parts only better then you have. the pain is the removal of the interior completely to do it. you get as much money in putting it back in as the donor car cost. but maybe the floor in the ambulance is no good or he has a plan to keep it intact. wish him luck on getting it back together. the problem spot is were they welded the panel in to fill in the glass hole. all that will be exposed on the ambulance.

This car has been in Oklahoma for some time now. Since it's a little rusty, a complete 1974 Landau Traditional was purchased as a donor car ("after" photo below).

The Lifeliner came from the Vase F.H. in Rock Springs, WY; they bought it used from Bob Dietz.

The person that owns these cars also bought the '68 Pontiac that was for sale a while back.

I soooo want that orange interior. Damn, I love the 70's.

Attachments

• 359.jpg
    359.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 290
The only down side to it, your car will always be omaha orange and white. Back in the day exterior colours changed as needed, but now a little harder to make that move. Can you imagine a white over green car.... with orange interior? Yikes.

how about red and white with a green interior. there out there. what you forget is these were business cars. bought and sold for use as work horses. pretty did not matter and company recognition did. that and can I get one more run out of it was all that mattered.

76 cad

I remember it for sale back in 2002. i didn't look too bad then, although it did have alot of rust back then as well. They wanted $12,000.00 for it April 02

Back to the subject...

The person that owns these cars also bought the '68 Pontiac that was for

Here are some detail shots of the interior. The bucket seat is a mystery; there is no evidence of a folding attendant seat having been there, but there are cot hook mounts on the curbside wheelhouse. For some reason the piped 02 system has been removed:

Attachments

• 76 1.jpg
    76 1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 76 2.jpg
    76 2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 76 3.jpg
    76 3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 76 4.jpg
    76 4.jpg