1956 oldsmobile

just wanted to let you guys know, my 56 now has a new home. This weekend on saturday was a big traditional rod and custom car show in milwaukee also. i went to it after work on saturday, i will post some pics later.

But one of my friends belong to another car club and they were have a reunion get together for his members from around the country. Well one of his guys that i met a couple of years ago started to drive up to milwaukee from cumming georgia and got a flat tire in his 30 ford. Well he decide to take it back home since it was only less then a hour from his house and ride up with one of the other guys. He joked around and said maybe he would just buy a car and drive it home.

Well he bought my olds and hopped into it sunday morning and drove it home to cummings georgia at 85 miles a hour for a major part of the trip he said. He said it ran great but he blew a tire out in Ky and had another one put on at a walmart i guess about nine miles away and was back on the road. So maybe some of you guys in that area may see a flamed 56 olds ripping up the streets in that neck of the woods.

Maybe I will see it Rocky, cumming Ga is only 30 minutes from me and I go through there pretty regular. Small world

Rods are neat the only cars I hate to see are the projects not completed and abandoned. once the car has deteriorated to were you need to re do everything how it gets re done is up to the man that owns it. the only shame is in buying a complete survivor tearing it apart and never getting it back to gather in any configuration.

Now that is some serious welding. The time that must have gone into that is unthinkable, not to mention the talent.

Regards,
James

Now that is some serious welding. The time that must have gone into that is unthinkable, not to mention the talent.

Regards,
James

James, yes I have 35 lbs of welding wire to build that one so far and I don't even want to think about how many hours. As I cleared it out and pulled it from the corner of my shop I had to look at it and I was thinking to my self I just need to finish it up. But I thought long and hard about it. I really want to build my 56 Oldsmobile coach. And i will have about as much time for me to finish up the old Chevy as me building the Olds. So I decide to let it go if the money is right or?? But I have we been clearing out stuff so I can concentrate on building the Olds coach and get back on finishing the wife's truck project. I keep hearing about not getting it done. Here is the wifes truck project. so you can see I'm never with out work to do

Attachments

• world of wheels 2011 016.jpg
    world of wheels 2011 016.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 189
  • world of wheels 2011 020.jpg
    world of wheels 2011 020.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 192
James, yes I have 35 lbs of welding wire to build that one so far and I don't even want to think about how many hours. As I cleared it out and pulled it from the corner of my shop I had to look at it and I was thinking to my self I just need to finish it up. But I thought long and hard about it. I really want to build my 56 Oldsmobile coach. And i will have about as much time for me to finish up the old Chevy as me building the Olds. So I decide to let it go if the money is right or?? But I have we been clearing out stuff so I can concentrate on building the Olds coach and get back on finishing the wife's truck project. I keep hearing about not getting it done. Here is the wifes truck project. so you can see I'm never with out work to do

Love the snowmobile, let's ride!

Rocky hurry up and finish that truck. I can't wait to see it finished. She has come a long way since the first pics you showed me of it. Bet the wife is dieing to have it done.

josh

Wow! You do some more good work. I know its off the subject but I have to ask, Is that a red and white Desoto in the background?

Regards,
James

Wow! You do some more good work. I know its off the subject but I have to ask, Is that a red and white Desoto in the background?

Regards,
James

Thanks on the work stuff. It is a 57 firedome sportsman 2dr ht. Nice car i have had it about 19ish years. Just fired it up again runs great. Going to do a few more things to it and im going to put it up for sale also soon.

now it looks like this one might be going to a new home on monday? i know this is not alot of your guys cup of tea but i know some of you might dig my chevy i decided to also let go its a 52 chevy i chopped and sectioned and did alot of kustomizing to it.

This one has a new home now, going to be picked up this week. On a good note to this it is a real high end rod shop that bought this one to finish building the car for the owner of the shop. So as far as im concered it is going to a great home. But still will be sad to see it go, but happy to have the extra garage space. I almost have enough room to bring the 56 olds coach into the shop. Woo Hooo

No they are not pro-cars,However I am enthralled watching the works of craftsmen like yourself,so keep those posts coming and thanks for sharing.:smileflagcan:

Nice work on the '52. Haven't see the caddy tail light treatment in a while. What did you use for the headlights? Nice to see a set that is not just frenched.

Nice work on the '52. Haven't see the caddy tail light treatment in a while. What did you use for the headlights? Nice to see a set that is not just frenched.

Joe sorry its been a few days since i have had a chance to get on the board with some time to spare. I used 56 oldsmobile headlights on the car. The car did go to its new home on monday. Im really getting some garage room now. tonight i had a guy come up from chicago to buy a old chrysler hemi from me, and he also bought my 57 desoto. It will be a couple of weeks tilll he picks it up. he has to go to the hospital for some stuff. Guess what boys i now have some room to bring in my 56 coach. That makes me real happy. I guess i know where my time will be going. The wifes truck and my olds coach.

Back