Carryall ambulance photos

Found these photos, not sure what year. We used this from 1980 till 1985? It didn't have many miles on it when we got it. I believe we sold it somewhere near Bute, Montana. It was really a sound rig but gave new meaning to lumber wagon.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 2,000
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,982
Found these photos, not sure what year. We used this from 1980 till 1985? It didn't have many miles on it when we got it. I believe we sold it somewhere near Bute, Montana. It was really a sound rig but gave new meaning to lumber wagon.

1973/74 Starline/Chevrolet

1967 Chev Suburban

A 1967 Chev Surburban (likely a Strathroy Conversion, Strathroy, Ontario) operated by Suburban Ambulance Tecumseh (Windsor), Ontario. This was the first ambulance put in service locally that met the new (read first) Ontario Government Ambulance standard.

5411749892_7b707e83a4_z.jpg

Chatham rigs

There are pictures of some early Ont Hospital Commission suburban conversions and an IH on the Chatham EMS website that showed a similar light pattern of two front roof flashers and a mid way back rotorbeam. I wonder if that was the 'approved" pattern. It didn't change too much when they brought in the Ford vans- they just added a red flasher on the hood and two rear facing on the back corners of the roof.

A 1967 Chev Surburban (likely a Strathroy Conversion, Strathroy, Ontario) operated by Suburban Ambulance Tecumseh (Windsor), Ontario. This was the first ambulance put in service locally that met the new (read first) Ontario Government Ambulance standard.

She's a 1968-up GMC.

Note that the mounting bases on the bullets have been reversed so the lights mount horizontally instead of being angled up (to accomodate the Superior roofline).

Fredericton Hospital ambulances parked on the Northside in front of Ashfields Motors.

I do not know the manufacturer or the year of these two units.

picture.php

Found another one.

Although Fraser Field knows of this old ambulance, thought I'd post these pictures. Of course there's a story to every find, so here it goes.

While seeking price quotes for the upcoming body/paint work for my Lifeliner I go to one of the very small independant shops locally. The owner isn't there but leave my name so he can get in touch. Just before I leave shop office, I notice a picture of a small car waiting at the light of a 1/4 mile track. In the background is an International ambulance...hmmm, wonder where the picture was taken. A few days later the shop owner calls me. He's too busy to get to my vehicle until next fall at the earliest, so won't work for me. As we chat I mention the photo I saw in his office and the ambulance. Well, the track is the Mission Speedway in the Fraser Valley...the car is his dad's racer...and the ambulance is the track ambulance. As matter of fact, he knows the guy that still has the ambulance and gives me a contact name and number. So yesterday I was in Vancouver for a meeting, so went over early and saw the ambulance. Local conversion of a 1960 International that apparently saw service is the private days in the Abbotsford area of the Fraser Valley.

Attachments

• 1960 International 1.jpg
    1960 International 1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,779
  • 1060 International left front.jpg
    1060 International left front.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,818
  • 1960 International rear doors closed.jpg
    1960 International rear doors closed.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,859
  • 1960 International rear interior.JPG
    1960 International rear interior.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,868
  • 1960 International interior 2.jpg
    1960 International interior 2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,765
  • 1960 International engine.jpg
    1960 International engine.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,798
lookes like some one add a set of 54 chevy taillights. if I remember right the IHC has small round ones. got to love that toung in cheek name on the back door. just right for a track wagon.

Pawnee, OK

1974 Summers/Chevrolet
1972 MAC/Chevrolet (still in servive today, but as a utility unit)

(SL photos)

Attachments

• Pawnee 74.jpg
    Pawnee 74.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,783
  • Pawnee 72.jpg
    Pawnee 72.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,787
Who built these?

Here are three rigs from western New York. They all have the same window decal design...does anyone here know what company did these conversions?

Findley Lake, NY
1961 ?/Chevrolet
(I think it's time to plow that ramp, guys!)

Bemus Point, NY
1962 ?/Chevrolet

Clymer, NY
1962 ?/Chevrolet
(This girl had been relegated to chief's car duty by the time this photo was taken in the early '70s.)

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Findley Lake 61.jpg
    Findley Lake 61.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,852
  • Bemus Point 62.jpg
    Bemus Point 62.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,792
  • Clymer 62.jpg
    Clymer 62.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,719
Last edited:
Carryalls

(unidentified operator in Florence, AL)
1969/70 Southern/Chevrolet

Waterville Valley, NH
1973/74 ?/Chevrolet 4x4
While the raised roof has the "look" of a Springfield, it is likely a local or dealership conversion.

(SL collection)
Thanks much for all your Carryall & all other pics. Could the Watervile Va
4x4 be an early Wolfe (N.Eng.) Coach?

Here is a couple I took last year in Dubuque, IA. Its a Springfield IH, forgot to write down the year so if anyone knows please let me know. I thought the price seemed fair, unfortunatly the rear was gutted but it still had the squad bench.

DQ 009.jpg

DQ 011.jpg

Dubuque IH

This one was for sale last year I think on Craigslist, i remember the picture and location, It's a 1965 International Springfield Equipment Co. conversion like mine.

I remember it for sale on craigslist. I talked with the owner, he bought it from a fire dept in Ill. around 1996 with 19,000 miles. I think it had around 60,000 at the time of the listing. I last saw it advertised for $1200.00 Seemed like a fair price but was said to have rusty floors and cowl area.

Back