1974 M-M Criterion

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
1974 M-M Criterion. Sold New to the City of Stanwood (WA) to support their small community hospital. Later turned over to the local Lewis County (WA) Fire Department. Motor was replaced with a later model 500 C.I. sometime before I owned it. Car currently has 115-K total miles with New Paint, Tires, Brakes, Shocks, Belts. Hoses, Reflective Graphics and Cold A/C.
Shifts, stops and steers perfectly with period correct equipment and supplies in the back. I have $23,770.58 in it and need the room for other projects in queing. Make me a reasonable offer.

Mike McDonald Cell: 760-644-7541 or MBM@McDonaldWestern.com

Attachments

• X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 001.jpg
    X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 712
  • X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 002.jpg
    X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 002.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 706
  • X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 004.jpg
    X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 004.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 712
  • X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 003.jpg
    X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 003.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 701
  • X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 006.jpg
    X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 006.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 705
  • X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 005.jpg
    X-LEWIS COUNTY FD 1974 MILLER-METEOR CRITERION AMBULANCE 005.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 708
Thank you very much for rescuing this one Mike! It was headed in a bad direction and very few could or would have invested what you did in this rig. We will all pray that it ends up in the hands of someone who will maintain it in its present condition.

Thank you very much for rescuing this one Mike! It was headed in a bad direction and very few could or would have invested what you did in this rig. We will all pray that it ends up in the hands of someone who will maintain it in its present condition.

Tim & Kurt: THANK YOU for your kind words. It was a very worthwhile and challenging-rescue project. Although I would obviously like to get a portion of our investment back, I too am more interested in it going to a good "forever" PCS home. MM

This Criterion looks magnificent and I think it will be a wonderful addition to a collection. If someone wants a ready to go ambulance, this is a definite opportunity. Good luck Mike, not that you should need it, this one should sell right away!

More than a fair price for a beautiful restoration. Someone will really be getting a beauty when they get this car. I only hope my projects turn out that good.

I saw this car at the American Hero Air show at Hansen Dam, CA last weekend and can tell you that it is beautiful inside and out. It is my hope as well that she finds a good home with someone that will appreciate and maintain her.

Criterion Sold!

ALL: I am pleased to announce that Our X-Stanwood WA / Lewis County Fire Dept. 1974 Criterion was sold yesterday to PCS Member Jim Ireland from Hawaii. Apparently Jim has another Criterion as well.

I also want to give SPECIAL THANKS to Paul Steinberg for helping me with the initial posting and a number of other PCS Members including Bill Marcy, Dan Scully, Kurt Arends, Tom McPherson, Stu Cannold and others who helped me with advice and had very positive reviews of the refurb that I am sure all went together to help it sell. I hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend! THX-MM

Mike, i noticed a possible discrepancy in your sign board for the car. Stanwood is in Snohomish County which is about 150 miles NORTH of Lewis County so its doubtful that the community hospital turned over the ambulance service to the Lewis County FD

One in-One out

Excited to get this great car. Brother wants to keep it in California so will hopefully have it for Ripon in October. New rule at my house, though---one comes in, one must go. If any PCS member is interested in an intact but not yet restored 62-ish combo, it will be for sale. I'll post pics soon. I got it for a parts car, but it's too nice for that.

Attachments

• Beverly Hills 060 (3).jpg
    Beverly Hills 060 (3).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 299
Mike, i noticed a possible discrepancy in your sign board for the car. Stanwood is in Snohomish County which is about 150 miles NORTH of Lewis County so its doubtful that the community hospital turned over the ambulance service to the Lewis County FD

Rick: I NOW TOTALLY AGREE. At the time of first receiving the car and going thru all the documents that came with it from when it was first bid out and obtained by the City of Stanwood, operated by the funeral home and later transferred to the Lewis County FD, it seemed to me that it was the transition stated and plausible reason. But not being from there or able to contact anyone (I did try) from Stanwood or Lewis County that even remembered the car, I went with that transition for the sign-info board that was only recently created. THANKS for the clarification, and I stand corrected. MM

Good for you. I almost sold the Lifeliner trying to put a deal together for your Criterion. With Criterion being sold Terri will let me back in the house.

Excited to get this great car. Brother wants to keep it in California so will hopefully have it for Ripon in October. New rule at my house, though---one comes in, one must go. If any PCS member is interested in an intact but not yet restored 62-ish combo, it will be for sale. I'll post pics soon. I got it for a parts car, but it's too nice for that.

What's peeking out in that picture?

Back