Funeral Lights (Reproduction)

I guess I am not sure what his defination of "remanufactured" is and if the lenses are plastic or glass. I don't recall ever seeing an original or refurbished one for less than $700.00, so in that way he's not too far off base and is least he is doing something that is helpful to the hobby.... only my opinion + a cost of living increase MM

I know someone else who had similar replacement lenses made from scratch - which took a stupid amount of money. Faded original on right below.

dsc02311vj.jpg

contact Ron

Paul,
Contact Cheif Ron. He will give you instructions on mounting almost anything to a hearse or ambulance.
Mike

Mounting Hardware

Interesting. Very beautiful though. How would these have been mounted?

Paul: These show mounting brackets probably for a bumper. The NOS one I bought 12+ years (still in the original box) from an antique shop back East who had no idea what it was or used for. It apparenty had been packaged and sold for Pre WW-II Cars as it had a (mimeographed) note in the box that said that a "Conversion Bracket for the New Model Packards" would be available soon for an additional $15.00. I assume that meant post 1946 "bathtub" Packards that didn't really have a distinctly separate bumper like the older ones? MM

I know someone else who had similar replacement lenses made from scratch - which took a stupid amount of money. Faded original on right below.

dsc02311vj.jpg

Those are lite-o-flags and not the same as the silent siren. Those are curved and mounted to the headlight using a suction cup. I bet that did cost some cash to make these, did he make any xtras?
The silent siren uses flat glass and easily reproduced. I have a reproduced lense, I think it cost me about $25.

Back