one rivet pro car wheel

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I was remembering them as two rivets but as I was checking the spare today in the 72 Sevelle I checked there only 0ne and the the other holes are welded.

this spare tire has only been on the ground long enough to get the car from were the 235 blew on interstate 29 out to Lloyd's house. the other 4 wheels are the same. they do curl over at he lip so you can get a caddy wheel cover on them also.

Attachments

• IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 91
Must have been something C-B did for their Oldsmobiles. They never did that on the Cadillac C.C. rims. I see that those also have the 4 "ears" for the "dog dish" hub caps.

Who can say the 72 high top had the 3 riveted wheels on it. But I swear that the 75 CB Hearse had welded wheels. It is been always strange to me why the mix and match. You would think it would be cheaper to have one wheel and use it for all cars.

Ed,
The 3 rivet wheels were part of Cadillac's commercial chassis. I don't know what Oldsmobile supplied C-B with. The GM divisions, somewhat, did their own thing back then. I did pull a set of 3-rivet wheels off of a '73 LWB Superior Pontiac hearse however.

all good guesses. the Seville most likely did not need the heaviest rimes. so it came from GM with ties all ready mounted and went out with same on the car. now remember this plant was will into being run by the people at MM at this time. as I stated my 72 CB high top had the 3 rivet wheels on it.

this set of wheels are welded threw the out side rivet holes. all 5 alike with the same stamping I have looked them over will. just one more example of how nothing is absolute on these cars.

here is a little better shot of it taken this week. and the load rating of this tire. I wish I could find 3 more of them. this set of wheels are just as heavy wight wise at the 3 rivet ones

Attachments

• IMG_3721.jpg
    IMG_3721.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3720.jpg
    IMG_3720.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 45
One more fact on this set they do al have the small hole drilled into them that is on all the other CC wheels

Back