74 Combo in Hearse Mode

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
Tomorrow I am doing a funeral in Cleveland for a funeral home out of the Columbus area. As pretty much everyone knows, I am a ambulance guy, so it is seldom you see one of my combinations in hearse mode. After detailing the car for the funeral though, it looked so pretty I had to snap some shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 411
it cleans up nicely. remember to at least twist the cot bar so the hook and handle are down. hate to catch the casket with it.

Beautiful Ron.....

If I had my own funeral operation I would have a set of mid-70's vehicles for services. Would need a lead car, hearse, and a limo.

Putting the Fun back in Funeral

So I left this morning for the 175 mile round trip today. I met with the funeral home at American Coach Sales in Cleveland and we took off for Lakeview Cemetery for the graveside service. The family LOVED the car. During the service they turned and asked me to talk about the car. I hadn't planned on that. In all, it was a beautiful day for a drive, the weather was beautiful, Lakeview is a beautiful cemetery, final resting place for Elliott Ness and James A. Garfield. The car ran great and did look great. Also made some good money too.

Its always good to have the Cars in good working order just in case your asked to do something like this.

Ron can you tell us why the family wanted your car and what did you tell the family about the car ??

Its always good to have the Cars in good working order just in case your asked to do something like this.

Ron can you tell us why the family wanted your car and what did you tell the family about the car ??

Well the guy was a car guy. He told his family he wanted his last ride in a vintage hearse, not one of these ugly, egg looking things the manufacturers are pushing as hearses. The call originally went out to Dan Skivolocke, Dan was having some carb issues and called me. I called Jerry Jacobson as he is in the Cleveland area. Jerry already had his cars put away for the year and his storage garage is closed on Sunday and Monday. I thought about Sarah, she was closer than I was, but I don't think Sarah had Patty out this year and Monday is a school day, so she would have to be at work. This kind of tossed it back to me as I couldn't think of anyone else in the area. I selected the 74 because I already had winterized the Pontiac. As it turned out, the family said he loved Cadillacs so it was the right choice. I told the family the make model and year of the car. I didn't get into the whole it's a hearse, it's an ambulance or it was made in Ohio thing. They kind of caught me off guard when they asked during the service.

sometimes you just get lucky. a thank you is all that is needed to make the work of getting things ready and driving the rig up there using it for the service and getting back home worth it. nice to be able to cause a little diversion for the family and to give them a positive thought for the day.:applause:

Back