Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Emergency lighting and Sirens

Emergency lighting and Sirens For discussion of emergency lighting and sirens as they are associated with Professional Cars. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:32 PM
PCS Member / Funeral Director

Thanked 1,256 Times in 370 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Purple Strobes and LED's...

I tend to like the interior mounted purple lights for funeral work, over the years I have acquired a couple of different permanent mount and cigarette plug type temporary dash and visor lights. When I went to search for a purple Lumastrobe the other day, I wasn't surprised to see they didn't seem to exist anymore. But I was surprised that I couldn't seem to locate any Whelen FL 220 in purple for a visor light. I went on Ebay and found the purple Sound Off light and snatched one of those up.
I would be curious as to what any of you have or have found in purple, Strobes-R-Us seems to have some of the greatest selection of interior and exterior mounting purple lights. I have the 12" Quadburst mounted inside the lead car and the '08 hearse, I have a photo of the hearse with the quadburst on, but the photo doesn't do it justice...
Photo 1: Purple Lumastrobe (locals love to call it a "Buford dash light")
Photo 2: Whelen FL 220 Visor
Photo 3: Sound Off Purple Visor
Photo 4: 12" Quadburst from Strobes-R-Us
Attached Images

Danny Hutcheson (05-20-2016), Noah Dorsey (05-19-2016)