Flint Micro-Meet 2015

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
Just a quick shout out to the Michigan Chapter and anyone who did anything to make the 11th annual micro-meet a great event once again.

The historical site for the main event was neat to see and hear about.

I missed my wake up call so I missed the brunch Sunday. Dang

The weather, chilly but dry roads, was awesome compared to the snow storms of years past.

Made new friends and spent some time with long term friends although there is never enough time to see everyone and do everything with everyone.

Never really get enough of Brady's garage so I was thrilled it was in the program for Friday evening !

Thank You ! Thank You ! Thank You !

:applause:

Darren

Darren, it was great meeting you and I am hoping that you will be able to come to Houston! I have read about some concerns that were addressed on an alternate site but I think Bob has already addressed the issues!
I will put Bob in touch with the individual(s) and I hope that it will be constructive.

just made it back in lat this afternoon. were the turn out may have been a little lighter this year the quality was not. it took Tony and I forever to get there we has snow in the cities and ran in it clear t the wisconsin IL border. so it slowed up down a lot. 12 below when I got up this morning at Tony and Kim's thought this american made japanese truck was going to bulk. man was it stuff. but we got out of there around 6 am and pulled into Rapid at 3PM. the 46 degrees in Rapid really felt good. we'll get some pictures up tomorrow. I'M bushed tonight

Ed

Thanks for the delivery of the window !

I bought you dinner for doing that but expect something in the future as well. I just have to find the right thing.

Thanks again for helping out a friend !

You're a great man Ed,
Darren

:applause:

no problem the mid winter parts swap went off will. I got to meet Kurt at an nice place to eat lunch and all. I'll get the pictures up this afternoon. mean time this is the carriage house we had the meet in. the office of the Durant- Dort carriage company and the offering from Brookland modal they unveiled this year. the siren is out of position due to shipping . they are a Eureka Pontiac and Weller Brothers Dodge.

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 479
it was running around on the turntable so got to admit I did not pay that much attention to it. I thought they said it was a pontiac when the pulled the cover off. I was more impressed with the chrysler product. but since it says oldsmobile ninety eight on the script on the bass it must be a olds. that is a olds grill and medalion
but my pictures are here http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/albums/488769

I'm having trouble viewing them so if it freezes up on you just go back to albums and then to the 2015 micro meet and then back to were you left off and scroll the next set before it freezes. here is a cropped front view of the eureka

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
More pics please.....

....For those of us that couldn't make it... Could you guys post more pics please...?? I (and everyone else..)would love to see some pics of the model cars there...Please and thank you...:rolleyes:

Stephen

If you have Facebook, Maggie Duke, from Just Hearsing Around, took a bunch of model car photos.

There was a smaller turn out of models this year so there are likely few photos of them.

Hope to see you in Asheville again this year !!!

Darren

There are more than a few that don't subscribe to Facebook, so what is the harm with posting the same pictures that are on Facebook to this website?

Paul wrote:

There are more than a few that don't subscribe to Facebook, so what is the harm with posting the same pictures that are on Facebook to this website?

I don't have facebook either so I can't.

Maggie had a nice camera and is a hobby photographer so I know she has photos she was to be posting on facebook.

Looks like facebook is in the future for me :eek:

Darren

here are a few I took

Attachments

• Flint 2015 001.jpg
    Flint 2015 001.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Flint 2015 002.jpg
    Flint 2015 002.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Flint 2015 003.jpg
    Flint 2015 003.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Flint 2015 004.jpg
    Flint 2015 004.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Flint 2015 005.jpg
    Flint 2015 005.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 281
  • Flint 2015 006.jpg
    Flint 2015 006.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Flint 2015 014.jpg
    Flint 2015 014.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 278
personally I feel facebook is only for people that don't want to talk to each other. I saw the pictures posted there all most they were of people. I don't know if I could go back in today and find them again. here I can go to the original message and re read the lot and revisit the pictures. make a comment and get a reply. days latter. FB is like passing someone in the hall.

I'm especially keen to know who turned Jo-Han's 1966 Miller-Meteor Cadillac 1/25 scale kit into an S&S bearing Wellsboro, PA livery. Very nicely done replica inspired by some favorite "circulating" shots of mine in the PCS community. I can vouch from personal experience that Wellsboro is a lovely town to visit if you're ever taking old U.S. 6 ("The Grand Army of the Republic & Roosevelt Highway") across the scenic northern tier of Pennsylvania. It's close to the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania, and was also the site of the diner that's now on exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.

Impala Ambulance

Charles Snyder II has an album of photos on FB. The White 1964 Chevrolet Impala Wagon Ambulance caught my eye. This may have been listed on ebay for sale? Maybe made from a Jada 1:24 model?
Some are listed on ebay in White, Red, Black and Blue.

Back