Coach in the driveway!!!

I had a 93 with a white top and was dirty as crap I tried the westley's bleche wite and it worked great .It did not effect the top but it was white you might try it on a small spot and see what it will do.

Attachments

• DSC04510.jpg
    DSC04510.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 446
  • west-550r-400.jpg
    west-550r-400.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 463
I gotta say, if that hood is aluminum, it's doing a poor job of it. I have NEVER lifted such a heavy hood before! My hood lift supports are shot, so you bear the whole weight of it when you lift it,

My 87 Eureka is like that I just use a stick !!! one day I'll spring for new support lifts

Normally I wouldn't use dish soap either. I am assuming that since it has been out of service a while it probably needs a wax any how.

I am not a fan of using Bleach White on anything on a car, since the product will remove the oils that make up the top vinyl, or the rubber of the tires. It is a very caustic product. I would suggest using Scrubby Bubbles and lots of water. Also, you can scrub the top with a natural bristle brush, but stay away from anything that is stiff. You want to lift the dirt out of the vinyl, and flush it away. Once the top is clean, I would use the Ragg Top dressing on it to seal the material. It is a great product, however, it is also quite expensive. You have an investment in the vehicle, so it is best to take care of that investment the best that you know how to. Also, keep in mind that soaps don't remove oils, but detergents do. That is why I don't use detergents on the cars, unless I want to strip the wax or oil from the surface.

First, I want to say congrats on the new coach! Gotta put those drapes back in it when you get comfortable with merging lanes. Those are awesome. They really make the car!

I'm with paul on the bleach white. I've seen what that stuff does to tires. I'd suggest using 3m rubbing compound and just scrubbing it with a cotton rag. This stuff is amazing. We always used this stuff when I worked for the fence company. The pvc material would get stains in it and this would pull a lot of deep soil loading out of it. The same stuff removes hard water spots also. They sell it at Wal-Mart in the auto dept.
If you don't want to get that fancy, you can just use hot soapy water and a towel. Lay the towel on the roof soakin wet so the soapy water stays there and loosens the dirt. Should come off easier. It's tough because that stuff gets baked on and when you normally wet it, it just runs off.
A product I have heard nothing but good reviews on is a product called 303. It protects, shines and does not leave a greasy film. If you have an autobody supply shop nearby, they might have some good products on the shelf. Just avoid stuff with silicone. Any autobody guy will hate your guts if you spray that on there before any work is performed. Silicone also makes the vinyl dry out and crack. Armor all is an example.

I o agree with the Blech white comments. Bad stuff. It will even etch and ruin aluminum, it even says so on the bottle.
As for the Armorall, I do not believe its bad. Ive always used it with no bad effects. Of course I do not slather it on all the time, but use the wipes and lightly coat the top and leave it in the hot sun to bake in all day, and make sure you do not get the car wet for a couple days after. I use it only once or twice at most a year. Ive never had any body streaking doing it this way either.
Everyone has their own preference, just like what brand of oil they put in the car. You may have to read the labels and experiment and see what you like best.

I wanted to post a little additional information about the car, especially in case someone on the sight is cataloging hearse info in general, member cars, or is an S&S aficionado and is journaling them.

Info on the driver's door:
Model 92169
Paint Upper - Light Sapphire Full Vinyl
Paint Lower- Light Sapphire Blue #22
Clear Enamel
Accent Molding #22
Built August 1992

Info in Owner's Manual, under "Vehicle and Owner Information"
Padgett Funeral Home, Inc.
401 W. Main Street
Wallace. N.C. 28466
Deliver or In-Service Date: 10-24-92