A plug for PCS on KSMQ

Tony Karsnia - Deceased - 1971-2020

September 12, 1971 - November 2, 2020
During our trip to Austin, MN as part of the 2014 PCS International Meet, I was asked by a local broadcasting station to do an interview. They did quite a bit of editing...there was a lot more said about commercial chassis and additional makes of chassis used, but I think the piece turned out pretty well overall.

Check it out...click on the "most recent episode" video and drag the pointer over to about 22:40.

http://www.ksmq.org/index.php/programs2/70-playhouse-off-90

Very well photographed and presented. Really enjoyed that. I'm glad to have you representing our club, Tony.

That was a nice piece and not a snide remark made about macbre, ghostbusters or any of the usual:beatdeadhorse5:excrement.

Fantastic piece Tony !

I remember you standing there for a very long time while they filmed that in the hot summer sun but it sure did turn out well !

They got a couple glimpses of my car too so even better.

Sure was a fun stop with all the food and neat old buildings full of history with a sweet '50s ambulance.

All just memories of the incredible meet you and your group hosted in 2014.

Thanks again and keep up the great work,
Darren

:applause:

Very good and informative piece! It was good to finally meet you in Flint! As usual, Brady Smith was a great host, treating the "Live Ones" almost as well as the "Expired Ones!"

Special thanks are definitely in order to KSMQ Managing Editor Stephanie K. Passingham and her cameraman Ed Nelson for the ground work they laid on taping day in creating a beautifully edited segment that's pulled together extremely well by Tony's exquisitely clear and polished narration. I don't know how much rehearsal time, if any, he had for what was technically his first public appearance as PCS President, but his life-long appreciation of pro-cars and the club's preservation-focused mission was expressed most effectively. Two especially delightful elements of the visuals in this piece are the inspiring "on the move" procession shots and variety of paintwork colors that were the very antithesis of the somber blacks and grays some viewers might have been expecting and most likely dreading. It's a true pity baby blue and champagne colored hearses are a much rarer sight in contemporary times dominated by mortuary chains and rented livery vehicles.

Attachments

• IMG_7956.jpg
    IMG_7956.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_7958.jpg
    IMG_7958.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Back