wanted - 1969/1970 Miller Meteor owners

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I have a couple of questions about my 1969 Miller Meteor. If you have a M/M of this vintage, could you please PM me your telephone number, so I can call and describe what info I need. thanks Paul

as your request here is the pictures, from what I know this section never was modified. Don't pay attention to the dust everywhere I used my sandblast last week!! Still in work, will paint the car in august

The seat belts are the question. I had the belts rebuilt, and the tabs that goes into the buckle goes all the way into the plastic receiver, since the slot is designed for the larger buckle tab. I was thinking that they got it wrong when they rebuilt them, but I guess not. Can't understand why M/M would have used the smaller buckles on the outboard seating position, and the large buckle on the center seating position, when GM did it just the opposite way on the passenger cars.

Maybe the answer is on the 67 and 68 conversions? a question of how much small and large they are left in 1969-70 in their stock ?

remember I asked you that when we got them back. that are also the shortest set I have seen. glad everyone else has the same. each and every year is a head scratcher.

Second Ed's comment

We had to do something about our seat belts in the Superior immediately when we got the coach, because ours were to short. Told Paul when he called today, that the GM buckle medallion looked lousy and the narrow belts looked disproportionate to the size of the interior. We sourced a wide set of belts with large buckles and the Cadillac crest in the center button. Retractor belts, plastic retractor covers and devices. Only difference is that we had our buckles rebuilt, then we had longer seat belt strap replaced for the shorter factory length. The tang does not retract past the cutout, into the retractor, because of a shoulder on the wide style chrome tang. The difference I see between the narrow and wide retractor take up belts. The original GM belts were to short to use even with the seat as far back as it will go. I strongly feel they were installed just to say they were there. I have the center set of belts wrapped up and bagged behind the seat in this picture.

Attachments

• Seat belts.jpg
    Seat belts.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 72
seat belts

paul, my 71 monte carlo ss has the same seat belts and floor mount. if this helps. i got mine from one of those sites making repop trim items. cant remember the company name. beleive they were in n. carolina. maybe classic chevy. bought belts and retractors(?). everything packed up in storage and on wifes computer as my apple is broke again. cant look nothing up. sorry if this is of no use...kyle

Back