Red square headlights for 75 Criterion

Richard, they did make red plastic covers for the square headlights. I may have some floating around I will look but finding them could be a miracle. I think I had a red and a green but I have not seen them in years.

If they were made of plexiglass, they should be fairly easy to reproduce, you can buy colored plex from sign shops.

I don't know how this thread escaped me, just seeing it for the first time today. The original number was 4651R. Lu's lighthouse (562)903-9600 has 6 of them in Halogen (H4651R) for the modest gift of $46.40 each. No one makes red sealed beams anymore and Wagner has taken the opportunity to get felony greedy on the price of their remaining inventory.

Also, any fire apparatus dealer can get the polycarbonate filters to go over your clear rectangular high beam lamps. True red sealed beams look much better, though.

Just a reminder- when you take away the high beams in a quad headlight system, your car no longer meets federal lighting requirements.

Not to add fuel the fire, Richard, but at a swap meet today I happened to stumble across a set of rectangular SPOTlights. They were asking $100 for the pair, and I have no good excuse for not getting a picture of them (or buying them, for that matter). Never seen a pair before, and before someone else jumps in here, no, they were not the spots with the rectangular housing that have a round spotlight and a rectangular mirror, they only had spotlights and the bulbs were rectangular, like the headlights you are looking for. They had the same handles and controls as other spotlights, like Unity's. I don't even know where you would find a replacement bulb for them.

*edit* I guess you get them from, uhhh..., Unity?:

http://shop.unityusa.com/201026-4-x-6-Rectangular-Spotlight_p_1294.html

For $223 a piece. Guess I should have jumped on them. They looked like new.

As far as I know Unity only made those rectangular spot lights for a few years. Didn't exactly set the world on fire with them if you know what I mean (not one of anybody's better ideas).

Richard, I'll be meeting with Rick on his way, and I'll give him your headlights to transport down in his car on the Auto-Train. It looks like I'll be flying in briefly, but I'm never sure how TSA will react to glass auto parts.

Richard, I'll be meeting with Rick on his way, and I'll give him your headlights to transport down in his car on the Auto-Train. It looks like I'll be flying in briefly, but I'm never sure how TSA will react to glass auto parts.

Can't wait to get them installed Steve. If you don't think they'll let you take headlights though TSA I'm pretty sure they will not let you take a big Holiday Inn sign through. Maybe someone can transport it for you if you still want it. I have two!

Travel safe and the best to your Dad.

Back