Wanted-Federal "Q" base

You could mount it farther up/back on the cab contour instead, and not require the extra base. Either way, you'll have to have a whistle with a curved base:

Attachments

• Base 1.jpg
    Base 1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 294
  • Base 2.jpg
    Base 2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Base 3.jpg
    Base 3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 291
You could mount it farther up/back on the cab contour instead, and not require the extra base. Either way, you'll have to have a whistle with a curved base:

I thought about that and have a base with a slight curve to it but, it didn't look right to me that high up. Heck, I thought about mounting it on the front right fender like days of old!

:yum:

I thought about that and have a base with a slight curve to it but, it didn't look right to me that high up. Heck, I thought about mounting it on the front right fender like days of old!

:yum:

You have the car for sale, so why not leave the siren mounting to the next owner?????????

Base has been found, paid for, and on it's way. We have the Emergency Vehicle show coming up April 2 and to have the "Q" going will be nice.

That's three, three, sirens in one ambulance. Sure gonna give those batteries a work-out.

The base arrived today and cannot wait to get this Q2B mounted very soon. Thanks to Jon fro selling me this great item, much appreciated.

Why are you going to mount a non original siren on a car that you are going to sell? :clubem:

Hasn't sold yet so I might as well have fun with it in the meantime. If it sells and the new owner wanted to remove the "Q", would only need to fill a few holes.

Filling a few holes??? How about painting after the holes are filled? Kind of hard to match 30+ years of oxidized paint with new paint. Besides, the Q is only going to make the price more expensive, and that alone can ruin the sale. :pat:

Here is what the base looks like up close. There are four holes which will mount to the roof of the ambulance. The forward holes are drilled at an angle which makes mounting easier. This was a concern Paul had so this explains a lot. Then the "Q" base mounts to the angled mount but only two bolts are used to mount the "Q" to the roof and the other two holes are bolted to the base. Makes sense? I guess you would have to be here.

Attachments

• JFK Ambulance videos 001.jpg
    JFK Ambulance videos 001.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 96
  • JFK Ambulance videos 002.jpg
    JFK Ambulance videos 002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 89
  • JFK Ambulance videos 003.jpg
    JFK Ambulance videos 003.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 91
Back