'41 Ambulance In Wichita, KS

This is a Miller professional car. It originated in the State of New York. It was converted to a straight ambulance when the tunnel lights were added. It was sold to the Benz Funeral Home in Sioux Falls, SD in about 1956. It was retired in 1962 when the funeral home got out of the ambulance business. When it was in service, it had a Carpenter light mounted in the center roof between the tunnel lights and a B&M siren under the hood. While it was in service, it was based in Valley Springs, SD due to the number of motor vehicle accidents on US Hwy 16 and SD Hwy 38, both highways that were in the area.

This is a Miller professional car. It originated in the State of New York. It was converted to a straight ambulance when the tunnel lights were added. It was sold to the Benz Funeral Home in Sioux Falls, SD in about 1956. It was retired in 1962 when the funeral home got out of the ambulance business. When it was in service, it had a Carpenter light mounted in the center roof between the tunnel lights and a B&M siren under the hood. While it was in service, it was based in Valley Springs, SD due to the number of motor vehicle accidents on US Hwy 16 and SD Hwy 38, both highways that were in the area.

the hwys are still there but one is called 1-29 now. that would be 430 miles east of me. were a 40 car would be nice to do. I don't think my SS check will stretch that far.

....... and US Hwy 16 is now I-90. US Hwy 16 ran through my hometown of Blue Earth, MN.

Back