Road Trip Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure to get the Commercial Chassis gaskets for the Commercial Chassis water pump. While you are there, ask them if they have 180 degree or 195 degree anti freeze to match the 180 or 195 degree thermostat....

Parts

Make sure to get the Commercial Chassis gaskets for the Commercial Chassis water pump. While you are there, ask them if they have 180 degree or 195 degree anti freeze to match the 180 or 195 degree thermostat

If they have valve cover gaskets for flathead engines they will have these parts also.

GLOVES..........don't forget a pair of gloves. This was told to me by a higher power with this example. "Ever try to open the hood of your car while it is on fire?" Get them gloves.

if she is on fire gloves won't help if there driving gloves. you can only drive with them. you will need fire fighters gloves. keep them vary close just in case. can't fight a fire with driving gloves. buy the way make sure you have a copy of you insurance card in you wallet. just in case you lose the fire fighting gloves. remember you will need all this stuff out of the car when you show it. so don't forget the wheelborrow. ;)

Waterless hand cleaner and paper towels...
tissues to dry your eyes, when you find that you don't have everything that you need... :rolleyes:

You'd better buy a small bottle of blinker fluid too Richard... an overlooked leak will leave you without turn signals...

Way ahead of you on that, got it already. I'm learning to stay a step ahead of you guys and certainly apperciate the help. :D

As of now I am pretty well set. Got all the supplies and will begin the loading process of Lifeliner next week. I will be bringing some extra stuff to trade or give-away too. Nothing special.

Oh, and take a lesson from Ron - your should bring a set of window signs with your name on it, and a briefcase full of cash, in case you find something at the meet you really like. :D

All done and got it all. New 4-way lug wrench and orange chocks (could only find ones for the left side so I can only park in an easterly direction) and all my fluids and such. Ready to get this thing rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back