Cruise Michigan Avenue Emergency Vehicle Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dean Wilkinson

Yesterday I participated in the Cruise Michigan Avenue Emergency Vehicle Display at the Dearbort Heights, MI Justice Centre. While the display was primarily police vehicles, there were 3 pro cars as well as a police patrol wagon/ambulance. Besides my 73 Lifeliner there was a 67 M-M Cadillac Volunteer, owned by Superior Ambulance and a 1949 Chev Ambulance. The police patrol wagon/ambulance was a 1963 Plymouth station wagon. The vehicle actually was a former Detroit PD unit. Up to 1972, the police wagons carried two emergency cots and did a lot of the ambulance calls in Detroit. This vehicle is restored to it's 1963 state, except for the 500 cubic inch, 450 horse Mopar crate motor under the hood. This vehicle originally had a 318 cu in engine.

3713224671_27063b2b41.jpg

3713224997_3588fd6036.jpg

Note the green flashing headlight. Superior Ambulance is headquartered in the Chicago area and has operations in the Detroit area.

3714034472_81cba14410.jpg

3713225361_355f20aed1.jpg

leave it to them cops to want to go faster. the 318 would have made it nicer to use in parades and things like this. nice shots thanks.

Pizza Doctor

If you know, where has the pizza doctor car been?? We use to see him in Brighton for parades and shows and have not seen him for awhile.
Also, I had the chance to view the Detroit PD wagon at the Jackson fire muster this year and it is a SWEET vehicle.

Nice pictures Dean. I know Brady did not use ambulances like this in his business back in the day but, seeing that "SUPERIOR" on the side certainly reminds me of the day seeing Darwin and Brady flying through the streets of Flint running calls.

Thanks Dean, see you next month.

Darwin???????? as in Charles Darwin. I knew he was old, but never thought that he was that old... :rolleyes:

Pizza Doctor

If you know, where has the pizza doctor car been?? We use to see him in Brighton for parades and shows and have not seen him for awhile.
Also, I had the chance to view the Detroit PD wagon at the Jackson fire muster this year and it is a SWEET vehicle.

Doug I see that car at one of their Stores in Troy.

Russ

Superior Ambulance

Nice pictures Dean. I know Brady did not use ambulances like this in his business back in the day but, seeing that "SUPERIOR" on the side certainly reminds me of the day seeing Darwin and Brady flying through the streets of Flint running calls.

Thanks Dean, see you next month.

If This is The Same Superior Ambulance service from roseville I am Surprised You Could take Pictures or EVEN LOOK AT THE CAR.
I went to their Office In Roseville and Asked to take a Picture(s) of their Cadillac Ambulance. The Secretary was Snotty and Said The Manager would make a decision. I went back and they said "NO ONE TAKES PICTURES OF ANY OF THEIR VEHICLES. EQUIPMENT. OR STATIONS.

Russ

... they said "NO ONE TAKES PICTURES OF ANY OF THEIR VEHICLES. EQUIPMENT. OR STATIONS.Russ
I encountered that once in the '80s when I lived in Oklahoma. I worked for EMSA, the EMS service in Tulsa. Occasionally, we went to Oklahoma City, where the EMS service was then AmCare. On the way back after a transport, I stopped by AmCare's offices (in an EMSA unit), and asked to take photos of their units. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that it was not allowed. :mad: This was from an AmCare supervisor who was a friend of mine, I was in an EMSA unit, and neither one competed with the other as we were both city Public Utility services in our respective cities 100 miles apart. Grrr.

I really would have liked pictures of their big ambulance-bus, and of their postal-jeep supervisor's vehicle (really) but was not to be.

After I left, EMSA absorbed AmCare, so that's that.

If This is The Same Superior Ambulance service from roseville I am Surprised You Could take Pictures or EVEN LOOK AT THE CAR.
I went to their Office In Roseville and Asked to take a Picture(s) of their Cadillac Ambulance. The Secretary was Snotty and Said The Manager would make a decision. I went back and they said "NO ONE TAKES PICTURES OF ANY OF THEIR VEHICLES. EQUIPMENT. OR STATIONS.

Russ

Hey, don't plan on taking any pictures of my rig at the meet. I'll get back to you!!!!;)

New owners at the Pizza shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back