Sad Pro-Cars

the 1961 Cadillac and the Olds both look very restorable. Are they both still around, especially the Cadillac?
Don't know anything about the 61 Cadillac, it came out of Ed's collection. But man I'd love to find it, that would be a beautiful car restored. The Olds i found on some website for sale a couple years ago.

Josh

Attachments

• 1961 eurka 1.jpg
    1961 eurka 1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,078
It's not a Guardian like I thought it may be, but at least part of my memory is right. It is in New Mexico.

Start in a small town called Taos....
:D

Dude! You should know by now that I've been combing NM... I would've detoured to check that out for you. Closest I've passed so far is 95 miles away - not bad. Maybe next trip. ;)

I have also befriended a vintage car nut who lives closer than that distance...

What was left of a 53 S&S hearse. Don't know how long it was sitting in the woods. I got a few parts off it.

100_1722.jpg

A 1995 Kyrstal Koach.

100_0263.jpg

I want the back bumper off the first one you linked haha looks to be a 72 or 73 superior. Mine has a bit of cancer all the way through. It is also black instead of chrome.

Doug,
I wish I knew that, seeing that car was sitting in my driveway. The guy who owned it had not paid his parking rental and I had been selling parts off of it, it's gone now, some guy named Zelley bought it.

Doug,
I wish I knew that, seeing that car was sitting in my driveway. The guy who owned it had not paid his parking rental and I had been selling parts off of it, it's gone now, some guy named Zelley bought it.

That sucks haha. Mine has a 90% identical bumper on it but there are 2 rust holes and the tow truck driver bent it by trying to use that to pull it on the back of the flat bed before I got it.

I have many pix of "sad pro cars" I have taken over many years, but to see them you must come to an Iowa Hawkeye Chapter event. :thumb:

I wonder...

I have many pix of "sad pro cars" I have taken over many years, but to see them you must come to an Iowa Hawkeye Chapter event. :thumb:

Where would this website be if we all had that attitude? (We could certainly save money on bandwith space!)

Perhaps those of us that are photo posters could remove all of the pictures we've shared here, and then only display them at various chapter events. How would that benefit this site, the PCS, the preservation of procar history, and our hobby in general?

John is just saying he hasn't scanned them and he doesn't have a scanner. here are a few fresh ones' off the junk yards of America. the 66 superior is at a used car lot north of the cities. they have converted it to a limo. the rest are all at French lake Mn. just sitting there giving up parts.

Attachments

• IMG_4931.jpg
    IMG_4931.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMG_4991.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,448
  • IMG_4992.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,448
  • IMG_4993.jpg
    IMG_4993.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,444
Where would this website be if we all had that attitude? (We could certainly save money on bandwith space!)

Perhaps those of us that are photo posters could remove all of the pictures we've shared here, and then only display them at various chapter events. How would that benefit this site, the PCS, the preservation of procar history, and our hobby in general?

No attitude here, just that it would take forever to post them, it takes me about 15 mins to load each pic with my crap computer, so that is the only way people are going to see them. Besides, I do post pix on occasion and ED is right most are not scanned.

No attitude here, just that it would take forever to post them, it takes me about 15 mins to load each pic with my crap computer, so that is the only way people are going to see them. Besides, I do post pix on occasion and ED is right most are not scanned.

A good idea is to upload them once to a public place like imageshack.us or photobucket or flickr then you can post them to any forum and have a safe back up in case the worst ever happens to the original. It might be time well spent in the long run seeing as pictures can age but the digital copy will be forever young hehe.

Ouch!

5082116321_df6a799664_b.jpg

1970 Hearse/ambulance/combo made into a parade vehicle. Don't remember much about this one. Photo taken at the 2006 Frankenmuth Autofest in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Can anyone identify the coachbulider? Ambulance rear bumper + step?

1970 Hearse/ambulance/combo made into a parade vehicle. Don't remember much about this one. Photo taken at the 2006 Frankenmuth Autofest in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Can anyone identify the coachbulider? Ambulance rear bumper + step?

70 S&S...note contours next to rear door.....

'70 S&S... You can see the character line on the inner quarters either side of where the rear door used to be. Superior coaches had stainless moldings on the top edge of the quarter panels where the metal meets all that fiberglass.

Oops... Cary beat me to it!

Back