The Hyundai Hearse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Has anyone seen one of these yet? I copied this press release off of the Hyundai homepage:

Hyundai Announces Genesis Hearse

Greetings,

We proudly present the latest variation of our upcoming Genesis sedan, the Hyundai Cemetery Transport System, based on the Genesis V8 model of our upcoming flagship. Pictured is the standard Hyundai CTS/G8, but we can custom build to order.

With the price of luxury based hearses escalating at an alarming rate, we at Hyundai felt it was our patriotic duty to help alleviate the situation by offering the look of quality combined with the frugality that your customers increasingly demand. While other manufacturers may balk at the prospect of combining quality, value, style, and innovation into a single package, we look at it as yet another opportunity to prove we're the right choice for America.

In order to assure complete devotion to your needs, Hyundai is in the process of establishing a separate company to manage this aspect with dignity and compassion. It will be known as Hyundai Hearse Rental, featuring our guarantee of Sympathetic Satisfaction or HHR/SS for short. We want your client's last ride to be as satisfying as their first.

Another company likes to advertise that they are “Moving Forward” but with the V8 Tau engine producing an estimated 375 horsepower, your clientele can rest assured that Hyundai will have them in their graves well before any comparable model even makes it to the cemetery.

Thank you for considering Hyundai, and we sincerely hope you will make it your final decision. The Hyundai Hearse system with CTS/G8 and HHR/SS, a choice morticians would die for.

Attachments

• hyundai hearse.jpg
    hyundai hearse.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,027
Wow, CTS, G8, HHR,SS? Did they buy GM when nobody was looking? I wonder what it all means? In all fairness, it doesn't look bad. But, I feel sorry for the American coachbuilders and not to open a can of worms, but I am partial to American nameplates.

I can see it now: Middle America lose's a family member and at the service they find Gramp's hauled away in a KOREAN vehicle??? :mad:

Genisis's start at $32250 by the way.

I can see it now: Middle America lose's a family member and at the service they find Gramp's hauled away in a KOREAN vehicle??? :mad:

Genisis's start at $32250 by the way.

David, with the current turmoil in the auto industry Middle America has watched Gramp's General Motors retirement package gutted. At this point they might prefer something else. BTW Hyundai has an assembly plant in Alabama.

Hyundai ambulance

That was a pretty cute April Fool's joke. . .

But Hyundai professional vehicles do exist -- no joke. When I lived in Almaty, Kazakhstan, the local Hyundai showroom had four or five ambulances on the lot, based on the H100 cargo van. They disappeared but later I saw at least one of them in service in Almaty. Couldn't determine who the operator was -- it was moving too fast and my Russian is pretty basic -- but I would suspect a private hospital with its own emergency service.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back