Florida Hospitality

Robert Shepard

Website Administrator / Past President - Golden St
Super Site Supporter
Judy and I traveled to the "other" coast last week for a much needed break. After a few days in Orlando we drove to New Smyrna Beach, where we stayed at the Holiday Inn where Richard Vyse is the general manager. Richard was there to greet us, and had us booked into his best suite. We were on the top floor with an ocean front view that was very impressive.

Later in the evening we were guests at his home for dinner. Terri and Richard knocked themselves out preparing a great BBQ meal, after each of them had put in a full day at their respective jobs. We had a super time visiting with them, as well as Bill Wright who was also on hand.

It was a first time experience for us to drive for miles on the beach; something that is just not possible in California. The weather was warm, and our skin is very pink as a result of our time on the sand. Judy liked the area so much that she had me stop at a real estate office to pick up listings of homes for sale! Up to this point we had only considered Arizona as our retirement destination, so we have now opened up a now possibility.

Thanks to Richard and Terri, we had an outstanding vacation.

Last edited:
Maybe I need to start thinking about planning my next vacation! Sounds like a great visit, with the only thing better being Richard letting you take his Lifeliner for a spin. Somehow I don't see that happening though... :rofl:

Top floor beach side? What the? I end up in the basement facing the garbage dumpster! KIDDING! Richard is the best host and always have a good time when down that way.

Judy and I traveled to the "other" coast last week for a much need break. After a few days in Orlando we drove to New Smyrna Beach, where we stayed at the Holiday Inn which Richard Vyse is the general manager. Richard was there to greet us, and had us booked into his best suite. We were on the top floor with an ocean front view that was very impressive.

Later in the evening we were guests at his home for dinner. Terri and Richard knocked themselves out preparing a great BBQ meal, after each of them had put in a full day at their respective jobs. We had a super time visiting with them, as well as Bill Wright who was also on hand.

It was a first time experience for us to drive for miles on the beach; something that is just not possible in California. The weather was warm, and our skin is very pink as a result of our time on the sand. Judy liked the area so much that she had me stop at a real estate office to pick up listings of homes for sale! Up to this point we had only considered Arizona as our retirement destination, so we have now opened up a now possibility.

Judy and I traveled to the "other" coast last week for a much need break. After a few days in Orlando we drove to New Smyrna Beach, where we stayed at the Holiday Inn which Richard Vyse is the general manager. Richard was there to greet us, and had us booked into his best suite. We were on the top floor with an ocean front view that was very impressive.

All Terri and and I can say is, "It was our pleasure". Ya'll come back ya hear!

Maybe I need to start thinking about planning my next vacation! Sounds like a great visit, with the only thing better being Richard letting you take his Lifeliner for a spin. Somehow I don't see that happening though... :rofl:

Come on down and the Lifeliner is yours. I'll share anything I have except the wife! :cheers:

Back