Photo--1939 Hearse

John McCulloch

PCS Member
We were delighted to receive this photo of our hearse from Bill Sherk, writer (Old Car Detective) for Old Autos magazine from Bothwell, Ontario. Bill is aiming for the April 18th edition to insert a feature article on our hearse.
This photo was taken by Bill approximately 1998. It is parked in a field at Duke Deadman's place. We purchased it Nov. 1999.
This photo is a GREAT addition to our scrap book--Patti's favourite!
John & Patti

Attachments

• sherk.jpg
    sherk.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,523
John

You bought that hearse from a Deadman ! LOL

I have your award from last summers Albany PCS meet for that car.
I will bring it along to our next gathering.

I have never seen a restoration as extreme as yours and still can't believe what you put yourself through for almost 10 years !

I'm surprised you and Patti have any hair left at all !!!

Way to go again on an incredible car,
Darren

Fabulous!

I always love seeing photo comparisons like this. I remember quite well when, many years ago, you showed me photos of this car, telling me that you planned on restoring it. In the back of my mind, I was thinking, "good luck!". Nothing pleases me more than to have me eat my thoughts, in this case.

The fact that this rare old car will not become a soup can is a truly wonderful thing. In collecting these cars, I've always envisioned myself as a curator of cars that, if not preserved by people such as those in the PCS, would disappear off the face of the earth. Maybe to some people, that's no big deal. But isn't it nice that in the annals of automotive history, people can still go somewhere to see an actual example of a very rare car that they've only seen in photographs? You and Patty are to be heartily congratulated and thanked for your work on this car.

From a more personal standpoint, seeing (and hearing) your car was the direct inspiration for me to pull my LaSalle engine and have it rebuilt. Even though it was expensive, there's not a minute's regret, and I have about 8 miles on the new engine now! There will be lots more as I plan on exhibiting it in July at the Cadillac LaSalle Grand Nationals in Columbus. I'm hoping that some time you can see my car. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0278.jpg
    DSC_0278.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 791
Thanks everyone for your comments.
Tom, we look forward to seeing & "hearing" your LaSalle, but, we would really like to see the S & S that you took pictures of to help us with our restoration.
Darren--looking forward to getting our 2010 award--thanks for getting it.
See you all in Ohio.
John & Patti

Back