Wanted info for a 73 superior cadillac hearse

Where can I find more info on my 73 superior cadillac hearse?

I have looked online for the manuals relating to it but the only 73 superior info I can find is pontiac. Does anyone have anything on these? specifically wiring wise? I can't figure out my dome lights in the front or rear or the rats nest of stuff under the dash.

not a lot out there for that kind of stuff. superior did a lot of inventive wiring. most of the things like the interior light in the drivers compartment do not work like the car would. I can tell you that normally they are orange and white wires and they are hot all the time . the door switch grounds out the light so it works. start by cleaning up that contract and see if that helps then the contact on the bulbs. the overhead may only work if you rotate the headlight switch knob.

not a lot out there for that kind of stuff. superior did a lot of inventive wiring. most of the things like the interior light in the drivers compartment do not work like the car would. I can tell you that normally they are orange and white wires and they are hot all the time . the door switch grounds out the light so it works. start by cleaning up that contract and see if that helps then the contact on the bulbs. the overhead may only work if you rotate the headlight switch knob.

The funny thing is when I rotate the switch for it I get 3volts at the light and the light does not light up. The other interior light works perfectly. The ones in the back do not work at all unless I run 12v+ back to a socket. I can't see where the wires go from the door switch in the front or where they go from the overhead one so I can check those without having to mess with the headliner.

sounds like the switch is bad. they ground out when rotated all the way and that contact gets loose . the wires for the back are under the carpet on most of them. it will show up some times in the storage under the rear floor. but the fuse for the rear lights are under the hood. that fuse holder they used is known for going bad on the power side. check things there first.

I have the parts manuals as PDF files. To large to email unless there is a way to share large PDF files? I have them from 1950- 1974 all Superior manuals. My CD /DVD burner died. If anyone is interested send me a USB drive and I can copy to that and send it back. And a lot cheaper then Faxon.

Last edited:
PDF Test 73 Superior Parts Manual

Lets give this a try? This is the whole parts manual from Superior for 73 the file size is 121MB. Might take a while to download and open but pretty cheap=FREE. I have them from 54-74 Mostly Caddy and a few are Pontiac.:17875:

Back