The Superior book update...

As some of you may know, i'd posted in the classifieds a plea for the book "Superior: The complete history" to buy.
The short version is I bought the book Friday, but with a twist...

Long version: I'd agreed to buy Keith Snyder's extra copy through the classifieds thread. He said he'd need a little time before we met up because our schedules always conflict, little did I know what he was up to! Keith called friday morning, asked me to meet him in Mansfield @ the mall in an hour to pick up the book, and to please drive the '66 ambulance.
So I get to the mall & park in the now abandoned Lazarus parking lot. No sign of Keith... I know him & know his truck, no problem i'll just sit for a while & wait. Suddenly this van pulls up with Ontario Canada plates, honking at me... and out steps BOTH Tom McPherson AND Walt McCall!!! :rofl:
We all shake hands & as i'm still trying to keep my balance (guys this was SUCH an honor) Tom opens his van up & gets out a brand-new Superior book, they both autograph it, and I buy it. Then he produces the Flxible book AND the Eureka book... so I buy all three since Tom gave me a smokin' deal that I couldn't refuse.
It turns out that Keith knew Tom & Walt were going to be in the northern Ohio area researching their next book & set this all up without my knowing. I'm still in awe because this was such an honor to stand there & talk to these guys for nearly an hour while they check out my ambulance & take pictures. To me Tom & Walt are celebrities of our hobby and I hope this post somehow reaches them because it was totally amazing to say the least, I will never forget this.

Keith... I can't thank you enough for this encounter!!! I hope someday I can return the favor of you making this happen.
:thankyou2:

Great!!

Dwayne!

I knew they'd be able to help you out. He he he...:D

Congratualtions!

Rick

the surprise

Dwayne,
Congrats on getting your books. I hope some one got a picture of the surprised look you must have had.
Great story.
Thanks to Keith for making your day.
Mike

Dwight I first saw a copy of the Superior book at Munz-Pirnstill and knew I had to get a copy. After quite a few calls, I finally tracked down one and bought it. That was in 1998.

Back