PNW Chapter Event is in the history books

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
The Northwest Burn Foundation Benefit Show is beind us. It was a gray overcast day and the rains came just in time for the awards ceremony. We had a combination of professional vehicles, police cars, ambulances, fire trucks,vintage military vehicles and an assortment of Lincolns from the Lincoln club. PCS Members in attendance were Don Andersen, Mike Lee, Sarah Young, Dave Lisiecki, Erin Phelps, Rick Franklin and Carl Kietzke. We had participants from EVOOA, Rain City Hearse Club, Last Resort Fire Dept, and Puget Sound Military Vehicle Association. If my memory is correct, we had 45 entries on the field. Professional cars being shown were : 1986 Lincoln S&S Hearse, 1976 Cadillac S&S Centennial Hearse, 1976 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Limousine Combo, 1968 Cadillac Superior Hearse, 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 6 door Limo, 1984 Cadillac Superior Hearse, 1968 Cadillac Superior Ambulance, 2009 Dodge Sprinter Ambulance, 1974 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse, 1968 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse, 1992 Cadillac Superior Hearse.Fire Trucks included a 1950 Kenworth, 54 Seagrave, 2 1969 Kenworths, 03 Ford E450 medic Unit, 1942 American LaFrance and a 1979 International. Also in attendance was a 1962 Unimog Fire Truck. Sarah and Dave were taking pictures and have promised to post them. The big surprise of the day was a friend of mine from my childhood in New York that I havent seen since 1978 showed up at the show to surprise me! He currently lives in Silver City New Mexico and flew up just to surprise me & he succeeded! Im exhausted now....gonna clean up and gonna have a much deserved beer with my buddy!

The PCS is lucky to have someone like you way out west to keep the PCS spirit alive and moving forward.

Keep up hte Great work Rick.

one more we could not get away for but we'll see you the next time out there. keep up the good work. nice to see the presents of other members. "way to go people".

Rick did it agion

Once agion Rick did it agion he held the rain off till the end of the show,
It was a great turn out with many differant types of cars and trucks my dad was so impressed with the different groups that showed up mostly the army trucks.
We are very lucky to have him to throw such a great show and his contacts with the rest of the commuinty who else could get such a variety of cars, fire trucks. new and old ambulaces then the army shows up with GUNS so cool, Hearses and big guns it just can't get any better.:thankyou2:

posted pictures

hay Rick
They are great pictures that you got posted on the nw website Who owns that fine looking 1968 superior the dark blue one ,thats one fine looking coach.Hope it won a award or something:wowguy:could it be with the stuffed bears in the back it made 10 year and younger voters throw their votes that way.
hope you got some rest before going back to work.still got your keys?:yum:

Sarah gets the credit for the pictures. I heard the blue 68 Superior belongs to some wiseguy. My keys are now on one of those floating keychains like you would use for a boat!

Great show!

I'm a little behind the times with this post, but want to make sure Rick gets another pat on the back for organizing a great event and unexpected entertainment due to butter fingers. ;)

A large memory card allows me to be snap happy with the camera and bring the event back to life for those unable to attend.

It's always nice to change up the variety each year as we certainly did with the military vehicles joining us this time. I really liked how period correct they were and the uniforms were fantastic. The "army nurse" was a wealth of information on the history of women in the military!

I enjoyed being able to visit with members of other car clubs and learn of some of the fun events and outings they do with their cars.

DSCF7152.jpg

Back