Hearse in Salina, NY

I have no idea, interesting looking though. I'm not sure if its the angle of the picture or not, but it looks to be kind of a shorter wheel base than avarage. Have to say I don't care to much for it.

Josh

Hearse in Pirro article

I suspect that is a bad picture because of the angle. Or maybe it is a fish eye lens. I am not a photographer so I will leave the expert answer to someone more qualified.
If you write to the funeral home I am sure they would tell you what kind of rolling stock they use. I suspect Lincoln but again the picture does not show enough of the coach.
Mike

You would have never guessed

I called the funeral home and spoke to the owner, Tom Pirro, Jr. The funeral coach in the picture is a custom body manufactured by Winter Harbor Marina (www.winterharborllc.com) in NY. The chassis is a 2007 Mercedes R350. I asked and he said they made their own service cars as well to include a flower car.

Thats interesting. There website doesn't say anything about anything other than boats. We need to try and get some pictures of this unique fleet of cars. Thanks Kevin for finding out this info.

Josh

Re: You would have never guessed

I called the funeral home and spoke to the owner, Tom Pirro, Jr. The funeral coach in the picture is a custom body manufactured by Winter Harbor Marina (www.winterharborllc.com) in NY. The chassis is a 2007 Mercedes R350. I asked and he said they made their own service cars as well to include a flower car.

Kevin, thanks for making the effort to satisfy my curiosity. I thought the tail light appeared to be Mercedes but I knew the vehicle wasn't an E-Class. I had forgotten about the R-Class. As for the conversion, I would have guessed National Specialty Cars. The coach lamp and window treatment reminds me of their styling.

Back