1961-1965 Cadillac CC Windshield

James Fischer

PCS Member
Anyone in need ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-1965-C...Parts_Accessories&hash=item33830d5c17&vxp=mtr

$T2eC16F,!w0E9szNW4GkBRvnZfm9kw~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
Commercial Chassis windshields are the same from 1959 through 1964, and 1965 Series 75 Limousine only. Since he doesn't say exactly what car it came out of, I would be extremely leery of purchasing this piece of glass based on his description, for fear that it is from a standard Cadillac, and that it wouldn't fit a commercial chassis car. All it would take is some basic measurements to correctly identify the glass. .

Commercial Chassis windshields are the same from 1959 through 1964, and 1965 Series 75 Limousine only. Since he doesn't say exactly what car it came out of, I would be extremely leery of purchasing this piece of glass based on his description, for fear that it is from a standard Cadillac, and that it wouldn't fit a commercial chassis car. All it would take is some basic measurements to correctly identify the glass. .

Paul
The seller said it was REMOVED from a 1964 series 75 limo....:)

Paul
The seller said it was REMOVED from a 1964 series 75 limo....:)

The seller changed the description after the time that I posted.....

Revision summary for item #221242022935
s.gif
s.gif

x.gif
The seller has revised the following item information:
Date Time Revised Information Jun-16-1321:09:54 PDTTitle
Description
Compatibility
Subtitle

Very rare 1959-60 Cadillac De Ville Coupe/Convertible and 1959-65 Cadillac commercial chassis Series 75 Limousine, Ambulance and Hearse wraparound windshield in very good condition. Removed from a rusted low mileage car. Only fitted to 59-65 Series 75 vehicles and 59/60 De Ville models. Perfect for a restoration project. No cracks or chips.

and there is no question in my mind, that the 1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVile and Convertible did not use the commercial glass. Nowhere in the description does he specifically say that the glass was removed from a 1964 series 75 limo.

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

The seller changed the description after the time that I posted.....

Revision summary for item #221242022935
s.gif
s.gif

x.gif
The seller has revised the following item information:
Date Time Revised Information Jun-16-1321:09:54 PDTTitle
Description
Compatibility
Subtitle

and there is no question in my mind, that the 1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVile and Convertible did not use the commercial glass. Nowhere in the description does he specifically say that the glass was removed from a 1964 series 75 limo.

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

Paul,
I had E-Mailed him last evening and this is the response I recieved......

"Hi Jim, it was removed from a 1964 Series 75 Limousine. I have just revised the listing as I have just been advised that it will fit several models from 1959 to 1965. Thanks, Matthew."

I had inquired because I was interested in the windshield..:)

- carmatt238

these are available new at about 5 times the starting price. but used glass it just that used glass I have install a number of them successfully in my time. think I only broke one. might have lose twice that many new ones. but when you get done it's a old glass in the car. if you expect a few pits and scratches in it your OK.

Paul,
I had E-Mailed him last evening and this is the response I recieved......

"Hi Jim, it was removed from a 1964 Series 75 Limousine. I have just revised the listing as I have just been advised that it will fit several models from 1959 to 1965. Thanks, Matthew."

I had inquired because I was interested in the windshield..:)

- carmatt238

And how is someone supposed to know that information, unless you shared it with us in previous posts. It is important that accurate information be disseminated on these pages, and whenever a seller represents something as being "commercial chassis" applicable, and isn't specific, then it is the knowledgeable members of these forums that need to point out the errors to our members and readers. Failure to do this does an injustice to all. This is why this forum has specific rules.

List eBay auctions here, and for discussion of these auctions. This is a discussion forum for eBay auctions of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for eBay*. Posts with multiple listings of auctions will be deleted. Posts are removed after 30 days. Please search to see if the information has been previously posted. DO NOT JUST POST LINKS! Please explain what the auction is about.

* emphasis added by me.

And how is someone supposed to know that information, unless you shared it with us in previous posts. It is important that accurate information be disseminated on these pages, and whenever a seller represents something as being "commercial chassis" applicable, and isn't specific, then it is the knowledgeable members of these forums that need to point out the errors to our members and readers. Failure to do this does an injustice to all. This is why this forum has specific rules.

* emphasis added by me.

I agree Paul,
I could not post his response to my inquiry until this morning when I opened his e-mail.....
I then saw that you had already posted that he revised his description....and merely added that he did specify a year/model(at least to me)....so everyone would know....I guess if someone was really intrested they would contact him directly....
Now can I go look at that Memphian for you ??? ;)

these are available new at about 5 times the starting price. but used glass it just that used glass

Specifics trump vagueness. Anyone in the market for a '59-'64 CC windshield should familiarize themselves with the following.

Think long and hard about using a new reproduction for several reasons.

Up until 4-5 years ago, reproductions were US made and fit well. Price was around $1100. Since that time, manufacturing went offshore (assumed China, although one was recently purchased that was made in Mexico). A new mold has been utilized since. New '59-'64 windshield is 1/2" wider than OEM, lacks the top to bottom glass curve going into the header creating a harsher angle, and is flatter across the top crown side to side than it should be. As such, the profile is borderline horrible.

Used original windshields hovered around $600 when new windshields were $1100, about half. When the new price dropped to $800ish (sometimes $850), used prices followed suit - initially. Then people started realizing how crappy reproductions are before used prices started shooting up. (I know of two new windshields that were broken due to increased width being installed by professional glaziers!) Expect to pay $600+ for a brown/bronze tint original and $700+ for a blue tint original currently.

With patience you can turn a good original up, like this eBay example that will undoubtedly sell cheaper than it is worth. Another slimmer option is finding an unused US made windshield gathering dust in a warehouse somewhere. Last blue tint pair of those that turned up sold quickly for $2400.

I could not post his response to my inquiry until this morning when I opened his e-mail.....

Perhaps not but you could have corrected what the item fit before copying/pasting/further spreading misinformation.

Back