Raffle ideas for the Int'l Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two casket end pieces I think would make excellent items to raffle at the Int'l Meet in Flint. One is the end piece of a R-59 Silver and the other is a 1/2 lid for a military wood casket. Open it up and the 1/4 casket piece is mounted. Would make a great liquor cabinet. Not sure if this is something I should bring and donate. Thoughts?

Richard

Caskets001.jpg

Caskets002.jpg

Caskets003.jpg

Caskets004.jpg

Last edited:
Well as long as I have room in the Lifeliner, you will see them at the meet. If the PCS higher ups do not want them there, I'm sure someone would want them.
Richard

I too would be interested in a chance at them (one or both).

If John and I are the only two that want in on something like that, at least it gives each one of us fair odds. A 1 in 2 chance of winning is not bad at all.

"Jon Ask Dan Herrick what Happened when going through the Security check point with a Blue/white unity spotlight in his luggage"

Jon when you go though Security check in Flint they first stop your luggage in the scanner and at that point if you tell them what is in it, i.e the spotlight, they send it on though. Give you a look that says "Oh, one of those crazy car people":rolleyes: and tell you to go on. Well at least thats what happened to me.:)

When I went through security on my way home from Flint (at Detroit airport), the TSA looked funny at my bag, which had my two models I displayed there in it. The two TSA officers were chatting while looking at the X-ray screen, and one looks at me and says, "Is that a Packard?" :eek: It was my 1:43 scale Henney Packard ambulance model, in a case in my bag, displayed on the monitor, and she recognized it as a Packard!

I asked her how she knew - turns out her father had owned a '40's Henney Packard ambulance when he was younger. (She told me the whole story, when her father was a young Marine, he was home on leave in Michigan and his car broke down, and he needed to buy something quickly to drive back to Camp Lejeune, NC. Seems the ambulance was what was available and ran, so he bought it, and it was his party car for a few years after.)

Anyway, she knew her cars and her Packards, even a scale model in a case in a bag on the X-ray monitor. :eek:

Monitor

When I went through security on my way home from Flint (at Detroit airport), the TSA looked funny at my bag, which had my two models I displayed there in it. The two TSA officers were chatting while looking at the X-ray screen, and one looks at me and says, "Is that a Packard?" :eek: It was my 1:43 scale Henney Packard ambulance model, in a case in my bag, displayed on the monitor, and she recognized it as a Packard!

I asked her how she knew - turns out her father had owned a '40's Henney Packard ambulance when he was younger. (She told me the whole story, when her father was a young Marine, he was home on leave in Michigan and his car broke down, and he needed to buy something quickly to drive back to Camp Lejeune, NC. Seems the ambulance was what was available and ran, so he bought it, and it was his party car for a few years after.)

Anyway, she knew her cars and her Packards, even a scale model in a case in a bag on the X-ray monitor. :eek:

Steve Once You have been Trained on those Monitor/Scanners it is real Easy to spot things Especially if it is the ones that Show You Colors for the Different Materials. + The Picture also helps Too
Obviously She had a Good Eye
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back