NHAA/PCS Southeastern Chapter Regional Meet Asheville NC May 2015

Cary Livingston

Southeastern Chapter President
The PCS Southeastern Chapter is once again pleased to announce plans for our 2nd Annual Southeastern Regional Meet, to be held In Asheville, NC April 29th through May 3rd 2015 in conjunction with the 3rd Annual National Hearse and Ambulance Association (NHAA) Southeastern Regional Meet. Members of both clubs had so much fun last May and once again at the Procar Graveyard Open House in September 2014 we decided to grow on it....again!

This year we have moved both groups to one hotel, The Clarion Inn off I26 at Exit 40. We have put together a room rate of $79.00 a night regardless of nights. This Clarion is freshly remodeled and has a massive parking lot (trailer friendly). http://ashevilleclarion.com/ You must call and use NHAA for rates. 828.684.1213. The host hotel has a huge grass field for our clubs to have our show and swap meet on for Saturday. Indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting), hot breakfast included with room, onsite bar and grille. Numerous other restaurants and hotels are either across the street or a short walking distance.

Once again we have put together a fairly laid-back 3-4 day venue for those wishing to attend. Asheville in May is springtime at it's best. Being a days drive or less for many members, with I-26 adjacent to the hotel this location is very accessible. With the meet starting Wednesday April 29th there is time to chill before our first outing.

Thursday April 30th 10AM there is a motorcade to Wheels Thru Time Museum in nearby Maggie Valley (20 miles) which has on display one of the best motorcycles collections spanning the generations as well as numerous cars too. Admission to the museum is $12.00. http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Friday May 1st is the popular HearseScav ( scavenger hunt in your procar) or relax and take in Asheville on your own. A Side trip is in the works. Swap Meet vendors will be setting up as well. A Friday Evening "Communal Dinner" on the show field is being planned (weather permitting) similar to what we did last year with pizza and drinks. There will be plenty of "parking lot" time during this long weekend to do what we all enjoy the most.

Saturday May 2nd is Show Day! Judging for registered cars. The Swap Meet will be running all day as well. We may invite a few other clubs to display in the parking lot and hangout during the day. We would love to have you head south, north, east or west to relax and explore Asheville with us! Last year 50+ cars :eek: were in attendance, loads of great people from all over the east coast and Canada and we are looking forward to another great Meet in 2015! More details are being solidified regarding this meet and an Early Registration Form is available here: http://www.nationalhearse.net/serm/ Ryan Ricks from the NHAA is heading up registration which $25 through March 31st includes a T-Shirt as well as other goodies.

10330340_666925880059957_3575436890682828579_n.jpg

10551707_666925856726626_2927666415076347339_o.jpg

** WAC If the use of an external link is deemed non acceptable for the joint meet registration page I can be emailed at cary_l AT outlook.com. Please add this to the events section as well.....thanks:)

Last year was a blast !

Way better to have everyone at the same location this year. Good job on that.

Incredible weather last year, hope for the same this year.

Outstanding vending !!!

Great people and some PCS members who haven't been at PCS meets for a long time showed up.

Gotta love it, even with the super long drive from Toronto Canada.

It is in my planner already.

Duffy, I will drive so I can lug my own finds home !!!
Wanna ride down again together brother ?
I will likely have a friend come along too.

Asheville in April... where the grass is green and the weather is great... can't wait !!!

Darren

Looks great and last year's event earned rave reviews. Unfortunately, short of a miracle, we probably won't be there. But, I hope to be there next year, or so.

So far we have over 100 people that have accepted invitations (on that social media site) and as of Wednesday Ryan reported that about 25 registrations are in. Last year saw attendees from FL, GA, TN, MO, KY, VA, WV, PA, OH, NC, SC and even some wayward guy from Canada! :eek:

Asheville

I hope to drive the 1963 Buick Flxette up from Georgia, last year was a great get-together. Looking forward to dinner again at the Red Stag Grill, a wonderful dinning experience.

A check with the Clarion the other day shows that rooms are filling fast. If you plan on attending consider booking now as the rate expires April 1st. The Clarion can be reached at 828.684.1213. Also registration is still available for the meet itself for $25.00 which will include a TShirt for preregistered people. http://www.nationalhearse.net/serm/ More "events" are being worked on to make this another great regional joint meet! :thumbsup:

I had to book across the street at the Comfort Inn as the Clarion doesn't allow small dogs.

Now I know what Steve goes through when attending PCS related events.

No big deal and still only across the street.

Darren

My mid month update with Ryan has us at 40 registrants thus far! :eek: Thank you to everyone that has done early registration!:thumbsup: We have exceeded our initial room block and today I had more rooms released for our group to include both king rooms and queen doubles. Our $79 rate expires in two weeks on April 1 so this is also a reminder to book now. I'm sorry about the pet issue Darren, this was a pet friendly facility when it was initially scouted but due to a 2 million dollar remodel it changed at the end of the contracting situation. We look forward to seeing you....and your dog. There are 3 other hotels directly across the street as referenced in earlier post.

The Clarion can be reached at 828.684.1213 mentioning NHAA for group rate. The meet registration page is : http://www.nationalhearse.net/serm/. We are looking forward to another amazing joint meet!

We are over 50 registrants now with still a month to go! :eek: A reminder that the $79 room rate expires April 1. The Clarion can be reached at 828.684.1213 mentioning NHAA for rate. We have set up an order form for additional T-Shirts for those that have preregistered @ http://www.nationalhearse.net/serm/shirts.html Looking forward to see some old PCS friends that I haven't seen in years that have registered.:thumbsup: Some surprise vehicles expected to attend as something new was just found today!

HearseScav 2015

11014889_10153186855668221_5324054314731849004_n.jpg

Once again the time draws near! An epic & unprecedented procar scavenger hunt where driving a hearse, ambulance, or limousine is required. As learned last year, a daunting yet periodically humorous list comprised of simple (low points scored ) to difficult (high points scored) tasks where strategy, creativity, and navigational skills immediately become paramount...and time becomes your enemy. Some of your favorite tasks have returned (although not necessarily identical) with fresh implausible missions peppered throughout. 2 person teams - you'll need the help!

Starts Friday May 1 at SERM host hotel, Clarion Inn Asheville Airport, sharply at high noon. Show up early to register & prepare 'cuz once clock strikes 12:00 a mad scramble ensues! (Also, if you haven't a partner preplanned, the preceding few minutes are your opportunity to pair with one.)

Prepare by having the following:

-picture capable phone or camera
-smart phone or computer
-GPS or GPS equivalent capable phone
-a team name

Open to all hearse drivers. $10 entry fee for those not registered with NHAA SERM. Top 3 placing teams acknowledged with awards. Winning HearseScav team has hotel paid for Fri & Sat nights! There is a twist with prizes this year: Whomever tops points has option of selecting matched secret gifts. Would you feel lucky in that position? Will the second place team end up having 2 free hotel nights instead? You decide! So go all out, have immense fun, and gather lifelong memories along the way.

And if you're really fortunate, submitted images won't become '16 fliers. :)

See you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/794252000657493/

Miss our $79.00 room rate that expired April 1? Scared of what the rate will be now? No fret! Negotiated room rates of $89.00 through April 20th! :D

Just a reminder to take advantage of the $89.00 rate for a few more days. It will go to around $110-120 after the 20th! Look forward to seeing everyone there. This is shaping up to be another great regional event! :thumbsup:

I am in New Jersey for the night ! Waiting to leave after a pick-up in the morning for Asheville !

I toured a procar yard today and picked up some 49 Packard parts for a restoration in Toronto. Helping out a buddy getting his car restored and back on the road after a long time hibernation.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Wednesday evening !

Really looking forward to my purchases from Danny Rider !!!

Can't wait for my S/S neon sign from Attila !!!

Wooohooo !

see ya'all soon,
Darren

Back