Travels with Ed & Kandi

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
Had an enjoyable visit and lunch with Ed Renstrom & wife Kandi today here in the Seattle area. We met at the historic Triple X Root Beer Drive In. There was a Halloween themed car show scheduled but only 6 entries showed up. Dont understand why, it wasn't raining. It was still nice to visit with the Renstroms. After our visit, they were en route to Vancouver Island British Columbia to visit Bill Leverett. Its always nice to visit with Ed.

Ed and Kandy arrived safely on Sunday night a bit later than they planned. This was due to a GPS that needed an Canadian upgrade...they did however get to see some of the greater Vancouver area though (not at all planned) before getting back on track and headed to the ferry terminal for the trip over to Vancouver Island.

I've emailed Ed before but never met him. What a friendly, easy going fellow. And his wife Kandy is also as nice as they come. What a pleasure it was to host them.

They took us up on our offer to stay the night after a few hours of chatting. We covered everything from pro cars to families and even a bit of politics and economics.

Monday morning we loaded up the Cadillac/Superior bumper Ed was after and Ed went over my Lifeliner and gave me plenty of useful tips on things to work on to make the car more complete mechanically and aesthetically (sp?). Man...is Ed a walking encyclopedia of information! He has a such an easy way of explaining things and he never makes you feel stupid for not knowing something that for him is common knowledge.

We also went over my yet to be worked on '53 Pontiac/Barnette and he took numerous photos in order to continue his quest to ID the builder of his '53 Pontiac.

A great visit in all.

Thanks Ed and Kandy for taking the time to come over...you're welcome back anytime! Travel safe.:smileflagcan:

will we made it home today. man was I glad to get that cast off my arm. Rick keep us at the XXX root beer stand way to long but man those burgers were good. hint though if your going into Canada make sure your GPS has the maps loaded before you go. if not it's exit 28 to the ferry. one more thing if your going through customs and the man asks you if you have a gun, of course I'm from South Dakota is not the answer he is looking for. but Bill and his wife were very kind to put us with us south of the border people. all I can say is thanks we really needed that. a man can put up with a lot to see his grand babies but a week on the air mattress is a lot. Kandy was the sport again but she need the night in a bed, breakfast was the topper. thanks again. glad to see Bill has the same need to fix what some one else did problems on his ambulance. man she is striking . always a treat to see one more year up close and personal. each and every year really is a bit different . the 53 with the high horse engine I'm guessing did the trick. your can swap pictures but nothing like getting up close. this picture is the key to yes or no if it's a barnett. I'm hoping she is back together by now. but Bill keep opening doors and stuff showed up so we decided it was time to go back. ferry schedule and all that. you know. hope people had fun the 31st

Attachments

• IMG_7791s.jpg
    IMG_7791s.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7833s.jpg
    IMG_7833s.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_7834s.jpg
    IMG_7834s.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7843s.jpg
    IMG_7843s.jpg