Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Period Correct Discussion Forum

Period Correct Discussion Forum For the discussion of Period Correct items that are associated with Professional Cars. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:03 PM
PCS Past President 2010 - 2012

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help needed!

To whom it may concern,

As some of you know, I was able to buy Captain Video's (Dave McCammey's) 1957 MM Paramount ambulance about a year and 1/2 ago.

After much thinking and in keeping with our goal of historic preservation, restoration and appreciation... I have decided to model the car after the Chicago Fire Department of the day.

I was able to view one (somewhat blurry) photograph on the Northlands Website. The car looks VERY AWESOME!

Although the pictured vehicle was a MM Futura, it looks like my Paramount will work out for this purpose.

The only other vehicle I've seen over the years, was Bob Parson's 1965 Superior that was painted CFD and had the Mars lights on the fenders. I'm not sure who has that car today... maybe Steve Loftin?

What I'm looking for are pictures (preferably color) of CFD ambulances of the day and any information about equipment, lettering, FD specifications, communications, uniforms etc. regarding the vehicle history.

If anyone knows an "Historian" that has expertise in CFD specific to ambulances, I'd be greatful for contact information.

As always, thank you in advance for your assistance and support at helping me to recreate this wonderful pro-car!

Onward and upward!

Rick
Old 11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
PCS Life Member

Default 1965 Superior Cadillac Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Duffy View Post

The only other vehicle I've seen over the years, was Bob Parson's 1965 Superior that was painted CFD and had the Mars lights on the fenders. I'm not sure who has that car today... maybe Steve Loftin?
I believe Tim Fantin is currently the proud owner of Bob Parson's former (and MOST impressive!) '65 Superior Cadillac Royale ambulance, Rick ... http://www.northlandpcs.com/northlan...ers/fantin.htm
Old 11-13-2009, 05:32 PM
PCS Past President 2010 - 2012

That's right!

Tim got the car! Great work and beautiful vehicle!

Thanks Doc!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 12,379 Times in 4,051 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

I believe that PCS Member Bruce Biancalana might be able to help you. I believe that he is also working on recreating a Chicago car.