Quick shout-out to Sarah and "The Buckeye Coach"...

I know it's just a local thing, but I'd like to take a moment to thank Sarah Snook for getting the current issue of the Ohio chapters newsletter, "The Buckeye Coach", out so quickly! It contains articles on the Daytona meet, which some people might still be driving home from, the PCS Elections, and a nice 1 page tribute to the late Jim Tighe. It's people like Sarah who put forth the effort and have the dedication that make the club what it is.

Thanks for the kind words, Todd. I appreciate it. I'm glad that the newsletters are arriving in the mail and that they are a hit. I won't be able to make it to the July events, but hopefully we'll run into each other at one of the Ohio PCS fall meets. :)

I enjoyed the newsletter also, thanks for all the hard work putting it together, especiallly Jim's tribute page.
On a side note, Sharon is coping with Jim's passing and is doing the best she can considering the circumstances. I visited with her last week and she gave me all of Jim's prized hearse and ambulance photos from over the years as well as a perfect S&S hood emblem that now resides on the mantle. She'll receive the newsletter and the card everyone signed at the cookout this coming week. His train books, Packard stuff, and various collectables have Sharon overwhelmed at the moment.

Thanks to Sarah for getting out what is a pretty good newsletter. Always look forward to reading it. Ron always has good things to discuss, and the photos are always good.

The tribute page to Jim was a very nice, classy thing to do. What's really strange to me is that Barb and I met Jim and Sharon at a PCS event and got to be friends with them. However in the time we were together in Bucyrus, and every time we've spoken or e-mailed since, I'll bet we didn't say more than a few words about pro-cars. For us it was all about trains and "Sweetheart" Seagrave fire trucks. Trust me spent a lot of time on those 2 subjects. Jim taught me some things about trains that I'd never heard before. He was a true railfans "RAILFAN".

We were never able to get together with them after Bucyrus, the day we planned to go look at fire trucks Mother Nature decided to raise hell in Galion and they had to stay home and work on the house. Then Jim's health got in the way of any further plans.

In 2 weeks I should be able to make a post on here concerning trains for Jim (and me). The last time we talked, right before his death, he tipped me off to these impending trips. Zach and I intend to take photos and document the trips and share them with the rest of you.

Back