Motley Crue Cruising in an Ambulance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to see this!:eek:

Fans of Dr. Feelgood and antique ambulances can rejoice (I think). The rock band Motley Crue arrived in an ambulance to announce their new tour. Now, we've got something else to be remembered for besides Ghostbusters! Look at the photo. OK, the caption mentions a Miller-Meteor Cadillac, but what is the ambulance? It's Dawson's '57 Memphian DeSoto! :eek: Now THAT's a gig, better than Life on Mars!

Last edited:
Did you check the dates, maybe they could pop in to the Int. meet.

August 15 - Clarkston MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre

You've got to see this!:eek:

Fans of Dr. Feelgood and antique ambulances can rejoice (I think). The rock band Motley Crue arrived in an ambulance to announce their new tour. Now, we've got something else to be remembered for besides Ghostbusters! Look at the photo. OK, the caption mentions a Miller-Meteor Cadillac, but what is the ambulance? It's Dawson's '57 Memphian DeSoto! :eek: Now THAT's a gig, better than Life on Mars!

A couple years or so ago I posted a U tube link to the "DR. Feelgood" video, from the 80s-90s and they were in a old Flexible Buick If I remember right. I would post it here, but dont have the time right now to hunt it up.

Interestingly, the announcement says.........
Mötley Crüe rolled up outside the 7th Avenue headquarters of Fuse TV in New York this afternoon in an old-school Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance that resembled the Ecto-1.
however, they picture the band standing in front of what looks like Dawson Blackmore's 1957 DeSoto.

Attachments

• motley.jpg
    motley.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,488
Did you check the dates, maybe they could pop in to the Int. meet.

August 15 - Clarkston MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre

Brady,

You know this isn't a bad idea, they are only 30 minutes away.

let me see I think I have a picture of that Buick. if that's not it it's a close second. sorry guys were I would let them ride in my rig I would not cross the street to hear them play.

Attachments

• 1946 Buick Roadmaster Ambulance.jpg
    1946 Buick Roadmaster Ambulance.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,455
Amazing

I can understand the author, who might not be "in to" old cars, confusing a Cadillac and a DeSoto, but where did they come up with Miller-Meteor all on their own, I wonder?

Reminds me of the time we had a row of rigs lined up in our funeral home parking lot during a Northland Chapter meet. A Lincoln Town Car pulls in from the street, the driver (whom we did not know at that time) puts his window down and asks (as he's looking at Jon Wurm's '72 Olds ambulance), "Is that a Cotner/Bevington?"

Turned out he had worked ambulance in the past, but it sure caught us by surprise when a guy "off the street" knew the names Cotner/Bevington.

I can understand the author, who might not be "in to" old cars, confusing a Cadillac and a DeSoto, but where did they come up with Miller-Meteor all on their own, I wonder?

Reminds me of the time we had a row of rigs lined up in our funeral home parking lot during a Northland Chapter meet. A Lincoln Town Car pulls in from the street, the driver (whom we did not know at that time) puts his window down and asks (as he's looking at Jon Wurm's '72 Olds ambulance), "Is that a Cotner/Bevington?"

Turned out he had worked ambulance in the past, but it sure caught us by surprise when a guy "off the street" knew the names Cotner/Bevington.

Tony,
It always amazes me too when people come up to me and talk "coachbuilder".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back