unknown yard with a number of pro cars

My guess would be south of the boarder, Mexico, Cuba or even Porte Rico. The two Superiors, 72 and the 75/76 looked to be flower car conversions from a funeral coach as was the Plymouth Fury was from a 4 door or possibly a station wagon. But there were a number of coaches and flower cars that looked good and savable even though trash was stored in a couple and a couple looked to be living quarters.

if you watch

If you watch carefully you will see several license plates. I could not read anything but numbers on any of them. I think the cars were imported with the last registered plates left on.
Mike

That video poster lives in Venezuela.

I'll say he was traveling and rolled tape in Mexico. Everything fits. Cars/parts strewn/packed in looks like every other scenario when I was turning coaches up south of the border. Open air garages are prevalent in Mexico, as is cramped space in a big city. Even building architecture feels like Mexico. I do know of a FH chain in Mexico that has kept all of their coaches purchased second hand in the US after retiring them, although this garage does not fit the parameters of that particular scenario.

The items I noticed lacking are Mexican license stickers in windshields. (Which could have been scraped off post-road use.) If it wasn't shot in Mexico it must be another Central American big city.

Had it been Cuba the cars would have had more 'modern' Soviet parts sourced modifications - and don't forget the fact that they don't have US made cars post '59 because of the embargo.

Neat video that was fun to watch and ID coaches/parts. Thanks Paul.

Back