Dual Headed Spot

Just wondering

For many here a double headed spot would be clear one side ,red on other side Question could a red light be added to the back side, is that possible or pipe dreaming,,,

what they had was a red lense with a standard 1156 bulb behind it. a separate switch that ran the red light steady or flashing. you could work them over and get everything working good drive the rig around the block and not have them working any more. nobody liked them. or used the red feather. the spot worked like another spot light.

what they had was a red lense with a standard 1156 bulb behind it. a separate switch that ran the red light steady or flashing. you could work them over and get everything working good drive the rig around the block and not have them working any more. nobody liked them. or used the red feather. the spot worked like another spot light.

I will take offense to this. They are very reliable, and if the person that is repairing them, knows how to properly repair them, then they are once again as reliable today, as the day that they were manufactured. As to making the statement "nobody liked them", that is as valid as saying that "nobody liked Pontiacs"!!!!!! I have no idea what the "red feather" has to do with this discussion, other than to "tickle" someone into making a response. I like them, so I guess that makes me a "nobody"..........

the best nobody I know. ok spell check bifocales and a lap top is a deadly combination. feature was the word not feather. how about nobody around here liked them and I could never get them to work reliable. the idea of rolling down the window to turn it on made no since to me. I had plenty of red lights I could turn on from inside.

man did I pick at a scab or what:D

For many here a double headed spot would be clear one side ,red on other side Question could a red light be added to the back side, is that possible or pipe dreaming,,,

I don't believe you could change out the mirror for the red light on this one, although the overall housing looks closer to the clear/red spot housing than most spots with mirrors I have seen. It may be possible to turn it in to one if you happened to have the side with the red light, but I don't know for sure.

I don't believe you could change out the mirror for the red light on this one, although the overall housing looks closer to the clear/red spot housing than most spots with mirrors I have seen. It may be possible to turn it in to one if you happened to have the side with the red light, but I don't know for sure.

I vote with Todd have had many and no mirror change ever found just red light.

The mirror end will fit where the red light feature is, just by removing the 3 retaining screws on the red light stainless steel section, and replacing it with the mirror / stainless steel assembly. The "halo" section of the light is the same for both. In fact, if you wanted to remove the spotlight section, and replace it with the mirror, that can be done also, and then you could wire the red light to bypass the outside switch that is located at the bottom of the red light section. Since the flasher module is located on the inside, this would be an easy modification to perform. You could then turn on the flashing red light by the switch located at the end of the handle, or you could leave that switch in the on position, and wire the power directly to the switch that turns on the rest of the emergency lighting.
Personally, I think that the mirror section of the spotlight, is a poor design, because the mirror head is adjustable inside the stainless steel housing, and the slightest movement of the spotlight handle will change your setting. I have a few mirror sections in the garage, but it is too cold to go to look for them, but if it warms up this week, I will, and post some pictures.
Thanks
Nobody

I think this might be the first spotlight I've seen like this with a mirror, with the same housing as the red/clear combo. It looks like you could swap the mirror with a flasher, but I wasn't sure. Of course, you'd have to have a red/clear parts light to do so, or at least the whole flasher side.

Thanks for the info, Paul.

Back