What if they still made them?

What if they still made them? They do, although not over here.

Modern Euro-style pro car ambulances:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD6EOrRGxBQ[/ame]

I think they're pretty sharp looking myself.

Last edited:
I wish!!!

Being an EMS provider and a huge fan of professional cars I have often thought "Why doesn't someone make a new ambulance like they used to make them?" I am no idiot, I know the history, but just knowing that the technology is there and there are big cars on the road again, why not? The way things change every day in EMS it would be nice to see a good change come along now and then. My service runs a Type II for inter-facility transfers that isn't near as comfortable of a ride as the '72 Superior Pontiac that my hometown service ran. Even if it is just a one off for show purposes, I wish someone would take on the task of building a new "old" ambulance. Oh, the possibilities!

With all the new regs that are constantly coming out for diesel engines it wouldn't suprize me. I would rather post in a Caddy than a Type III any day.

But all of the passenger cars that they might possibly build on are just butt-ugly! There hasn't been a Cadillac built worth looking at since '96! All of the new Lincolns are simply hideous.

Back