'64 Series 75 rear bumper center

Josh Noiles

PCS Member
Is the rear bumper center piece on a '64 Series 75 the same as any other '64 Cadillac rear bumper? Is there a different bumper this year for CC? If so, is that the bumper center that a Series 75 needs?

I know '59s coaches have extra sections on the rear bumpers that allow for width. Does this apply to the '64 in any way?

Just looking for some guidance. I think I've got all the rest of the required parts rounded up to begin work on the car, except a center bumper section.

And while we're at it: do '63 and '64 share a rear center bumper section?

in our past discussion on this the CC uses a different bumper. the Fleetwood 75 uses the standard bumper for that year. which in you case would be the 63 bumper as I believe that the 64 fleetwood 75 was a hold over body from 63 but the car changed. my set of exchange books starts at 65. so that's no help. but I do know the 75 and the CC use a different bumper

Translation: License plate placement is lower on '63 rear bumper center. '64 license plate was higher, resulting in decklid notch. '63 passenger rear bumper does carry over to '64 Series 75. Although not 'correct' you could use a '64 bumper center paired with a '64 decklid.

And as an FYI, Series 75 utilized coupe decklid (not shorter sedan).

Translation: License plate placement is lower on '63 rear bumper center. '64 license plate was higher, resulting in decklid notch. '63 passenger rear bumper does carry over to '64 Series 75. Although not 'correct' you could use a '64 bumper center paired with a '64 decklid.

And as an FYI, Series 75 utilized coupe decklid (not shorter sedan).

and the 1965 Series 75 is also the same as the 1964, so it will also work with the above noted modifications.

So long and short of it is:

1. In regard to the rear bumper center *only*, '63 & '64 are the same piece.
2. CC are different from limo and "regular" cars and can not be used.
3. Rear bumper centers off of any "regular" '63 or '64 will fit my '64 limo.

Right?

The 63 and 64 rear center bumper is the same from series 75 to the standard body Cadillac.
The 63 CC is the same, except there are no holes drilled for the license plate frame on top of the bumper, and the rear grill inserts on top of the bumper. The CC used spacers between the center section, and the end pieces. The end pieces do not have the tab, that holds the rear grill inserts.

Not completely sure on the 64, but I have seen 64 rear center sections on a CC, with the license plate frame built in. The 63 & 64 standard body & series 75 has the license plate above the rear bumper.

The 63 and 64 rear center bumper is the same from series 75 to the standard body Cadillac.
The 63 CC is the same, except there are no holes drilled for the license plate frame on top of the bumper, and the rear grill inserts on top of the bumper. The CC used spacers between the center section, and the end pieces. The end pieces do not have the tab, that holds the rear grill inserts.

Not completely sure on the 64, but I have seen 64 rear center sections on a CC, with the license plate frame built in. The 63 & 64 standard body & series 75 has the license plate above the rear bumper.

Thank you very much, Russ!

Back