blast from the pass

Yes, but last we had the ambulance was either late 1971 or 1972. We were the last FH in our town to stop offering 'rides to the hospital'!

Seeing this photo of your cars is super, but I do have to ask the significance of the small #5 on the left car's front header panel.

A good photo, thanks for sharing and reminiscing!

anyone remember when you could drive by and see this every day.

Oh yeah. We still do it here in Florida, just kidding but one can dream!

Richard

Jan24002.jpg

Jan24003.jpg

#5 significance

#5 significance is probably the Ambulance's Unit # or Fleet #. Not the sure though of the significance of the parking meter on the wall between the two doors? Probably the equivalent of a NO PARKING Zone Here! MM

the 5 is the motor pool number of the car. it is a military ambulance. most everything was still on the car when I got it. the names had been removed from the doors but the red crosses were still over the windshield and the number on the front and back. the car number stenciled on the radiator support and all the tags still in the glove box. some one had replaced the side crosses with the stars. so when I painted the car I just put it back the way I got it. wish now I had put the red crosses not the stars on it. but everything is a live and learn processes .

Attachments

• 1972 CB glove box tag gsa numbers.jpg
    1972 CB glove box tag gsa numbers.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 226
Back