We know you love procars....what are your other hobbies?

I am not the pro-car collector that Brendan is I'm mostly along for the ride, but I do enjoy scrapbooking photos and many of them are from professional car shows and fire apparatus shows that I attend with him. I actually have a scrapbook in progress of the restoration of his 63 Cadillac.:weneedpics_smi:

Besides the addiction to collecting pro-cars, lights and sirens, radio equipment and having many pieces of pro-car lititure and photos that prolly number well over 1000 pieces I also collect gas station memorabilia! The two brands that I primarily collect are Esso (now Exxon) and Mobilgas (now ExxonMobil) although I do have a few nice and rare Texaco, American and Gulf peices in the mix as well. I have oil and gas signs both reproduction and original all the way from the pump sign sizes to the full size street pole signs and building sized signs, including a 1962 6 x 5 foot "cookie cutter" style Mobil Pegasus (Mobil Flying Red Horse) that was mounted atop the Mobilgas stations! I also have many many maps, oil cans (empty and full), numerous premiums that the stations owners handed out to loyal customers, gas pump globes, 4 gas pumps, calendars, oil can racks, map racks, product cans and other Esso and Mobilgas items to numerous to mention! I also collect old funeral memorabila and funeral home equipment. I also collect International Harvester memorabilia and own a 1952 IHC Farmall Cub tractor bought by my grandfather in 1959. I also own a 1951 International Harvester deep freezer as well.

I too have the car hobbie crazys, I collect Kustom cars, early chrysler hemis, and early speed equipment. And also the occasional traffic tickets:yum:

Richard it was put on Hold for 2 weeks due to going back into the Hospital for more Back Surgery. I just got out today.
They know it needs to be done When I show up it is leaving with me

Russ

Anixous to see how it ends up Russ just in case I want to use him for the Criterion in the future.
Hope you're feeling better. :D

Russ, got any updates on your Lifeliner? :hide:

Richard I believe you've got your Russ' confused. I'd love to have a Lifeliner, no luck so far.

(You guys really ought to see these posts before I go back and edit them. Damn fat fingers on small keyboard anyway.)

Last edited:
Richard I believe you've got your Russ' confused. I'd love to have a Lifeliner, no luck so far.

(You guys really ought to see these posts before I go back and edit them. Damn fat fingers on small keyboard anyway.)

Right Russ and wrong Russ. Russ Dalziel is having a Lifeliner redone which has been going on for I don't know, 10 to 15 years now. Take is easy Russ, just kidding. I just would like to see it. :hide:

Richard...... after considering that you are posting 5.28 Posts Per Day, indicates that your full time job is posting to these forums.................:burp:

I collect vintage motor scooters and go to several rallys a year. I'm also a certified scuba dive master. I have several classic cars. I used to fly but sold my plane. I also have a 1947 teardrop trailer and collect era camping equipment.

tessy.jpg

82ea639f.jpg

Leewithoddscoots-1.jpg

Lee, thanks for sharing the pics of the teardrop and scooters. I see a homebuilt teardrop in my never ending list of things to do someday. :bonk:

Lee, thanks for sharing the pics of the teardrop and scooters. I see a homebuilt teardrop in my never ending list of things to do someday. :bonk:

The teardrop trailer is a lot of fun. They are quite easy to build if you have any skills at all.
Here is a link to the most active Teardrop board on the net.

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/index.php?sid=254c923e7d60939b8ac48ab47b42597b

Another one that has all of the evrnts posted on it is http://teardrops.net/

Lee

Back