1958 1959 commercial wheels and caps

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
I have a really nice clean straight set of "4" commercial wheels from off my 58 for sale. And also two sets of hubcaps. One set is really nice, other set has some digs in caps but still a good set. These rims have a thicker rim edge to fit these caps. They will not fit on a normal steel rim. Would like to sell it all as one group. Asking $500.00 plus shipping if any of you guys could use them.

Attachments

• DSCN7784.jpg
    DSCN7784.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCN7783.jpg
    DSCN7783.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN7782.jpg
    DSCN7782.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCN7785.jpg
    DSCN7785.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCN7786.jpg
    DSCN7786.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 270
Rocky,
You have a mis-matched set of rims. 2 different styles. Would you be willing to take a photo of all laid out so we could see how many of each style you have?

Rocky,
You have a mis-matched set of rims. 2 different styles. Would you be willing to take a photo of all laid out so we could see how many of each style you have?

I can do that on taking pics, but same style rims to run the 58-59 caps. They can get used for either years, centers swap out and is reproduced also. So you can make them work what ever year you want. Those rims are about a 1/4 wider on the outside face to fit the 58-59 caps they will not fit other rims. That is why I have a nice new set of 57 caps to fit my new style steel wheels that or on my 58 now

Rocky

In the first photo in your post, the rim on the right is a 59-60 CC rim.
The one on the left must be a 58.

What two are under those ?

I would like to buy the 60 one if the others are mismatched and can't be sold as a set.

Lay them all out, rims and caps, so we can figure it out.

Thanks
Darren

Rocky

I would like to buy the 60 one if the others are mismatched and can't be sold as a set.

Thanks
Darren

I will do that, I know atti had some info on these wheels also. that's what I love is the knowledge the group has on this stuff. Thanks to every one with the help figuring these out

Rocky

Thanks
Darren

Darren,
That is not correct. The rim on the right is correct for all '57 through '60 Cadillac commercial chassis. Same rim was used all 4 years. I am unsure as to what the rim on the left is. Definitely not a '56 through '84 Cadillac.

ok here is the pictures of the wheels, the one odd man out is one non commercial wheel. no three rivets in the mounting.

Attachments

• DSCN7794.jpg
    DSCN7794.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN7795.jpg
    DSCN7795.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN7796.jpg
    DSCN7796.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN7797.jpg
    DSCN7797.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 189
Rocky

You have 3 CC 1958 rims and one other. Not sure what that other one is.

Did you have a spare that may be the other '58 rims ?

Two '58 and two '59 hub caps.

Darren

59 Rims

I could use the 59 Rims but I dont' need any of the caps. If someone wants the caps maybe you can split it up Rocky. Let me know.

Brady

59-60 rims are different. Those are 58.

I am looking for my 60 rim photo but haven't come across it yet.
It has a "star" pattern in the bolt holes.

Darren

Darren, you're a little off. Rocky in fact has three '57-'60 CC wheels pictured. They're not merely '59-'60 CC having been used for four years. Kurt was instrumental in providing photo documentation about these in the past.

Rocky I'm still trying to match up your fourth wheel.

They are date stamped.

They should have the manufacture date stamped in them on the surface that would be inside the tire if they were mounted up.

I will look to see if they have the dates on them Saturday. They are clean enough that it should be seen. FYI on the hub caps the pics look like pairs but both are sets of four. two stacked on top of one another.

Back