Well We Struck Again! Let's Watch Richard Turn Green With Envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
Tonight Kyle and I were coming home from giving a demonstration and a talk on EMS history to the Robert T. White School of Nursing. Kyle was in the 75 54" and I was in the Pontiac. Kyle called me and told me the FD just toned out for a diabetic emergency not 4 blocks from our location. We both lit up and were first on scene with a 1 minute out time. When the PD and Rescue showed up there was our cars sitting on scene all lights flashing and we had two sets of vitals on board. All they could do was laugh and say that was great! We thought it was pretty great too!:D So we get in there and the guy looks at us and laughs and says "just my luck, I get the two town troublemakers".

just proof

This guy is going to carry a grudge to the grave. Hey, with you rolling stock you can help him there too.
Mike

Tonight Kyle and I were coming home from giving a demonstration and a talk on EMS history to the Robert T. White School of Nursing. Kyle was in the 75 54" and I was in the Pontiac. Kyle called me and told me the FD just toned out for a diabetic emergency not 4 blocks from our location. We both lit up and were first on scene with a 1 minute out time. When the PD and Rescue showed up there was our cars sitting on scene all lights flashing and we had two sets of vitals on board. All they could do was laugh and say that was great! We thought it was pretty great too!:D So we get in there and the guy looks at us and laughs and says "just my luck, I get the two town troublemakers".
OK, that is funny!!!!
-K

Son of a b%$&*! Just what I needed. Do you know how many times I have come upon a situation where if I had my ambulance I too, could have used my lights. Congrats Ron and "THANKS" for the information. I don't see pictures so I'm leaning towards you're just funning me!

Richard

Great Idea

I should have taken a picture of those two monsters sitting along the curb all lit up at night. I'm telling you, it was a thing of beauty seeing that.
The thing I forgot is how much the lights dim at night when you crank out that 28!:p

I should have taken a picture of those two monsters sitting along the curb all lit up at night. I'm telling you, it was a thing of beauty seeing that.
The thing I forgot is how much the lights dim at night when you crank out that 28!:p

If you think that a 28 takes a lot of amperage, you should see what the amperage draw of a Q is. The Super Chief is a lot louder, and draws less amperage, so it is the siren of choice for me..

If you think that a 28 takes a lot of amperage, you should see what the amperage draw of a Q is. The Super Chief is a lot louder, and draws less amperage, so it is the siren of choice for me..

Glad to know since I just purchased a 28 from a fellow PCS member. Cannot wait to get it installed.

Richard

the 28 had about the draw of a starter motor. but you know I have been reviewing the tapes of all the code runs and all of the light and siren shows and the one that everyone hates it the one that you hear above the din. you can pick out the federal pa15-e on yelp no matter what else is running. that bone jarring disgusting high pitched, will someone shut that thing off yelp is over and above everything else.
way to go Ron. you get to charge for services even if you don't get to transport?

I'll take the insurance assignment for it Ed. You know Richard, if you come to Carnation this year you get two chances to run your siren. Once on Friday and one on Sunday.:D

I'll take the insurance assignment for it Ed. You know Richard, if you come to Carnation this year you get two chances to run your siren. Once on Friday and one on Sunday.:D

The wife and I are in a heated debate over this. We both agree it would be fun so, one never knows!!!

Richard

Here is where you could be on Monday

Attachments

• consort 027.jpg
    consort 027.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 68
... So we get in there and the guy looks at us and laughs and says "just my luck, I get the two town troublemakers".
I once had a similar incident. Two friends of mine, both EMT's, asked me to "chauffeur" them in their wedding with one of my ambulances - I used the '64 Superior. While we were at the wedding, the groom's mother looked sick and another medic and I noticed her carotid artery beating very fast - visible from across the room! She wouldn't get up until after the brief wedding, but finally, she admitted she was sick (she was in SVT, for those who know what that is) and we called EMS. Of course, my ambulance was still in front of the church. The modern medic unit pulled up, and the paramedic came in and said, "I saw the old ambulance, I didn't know what was going on but I figured you had something to do with it, Steve!" ;)

Lights Dimming

Ron I remember those days. Except we had q's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back