Ferno Washington Cot Information

For all the old timers, assuming we all lifted a FW #30 in and out of the ambulance from the side from the lower bar between the wheels, were your knuckles in or out? Anyone every break a watch or get pinched by a ring while lifting?

Me and most everyone I ever worked with were knuckes in. Cracked a couple of watches. Also a few gouges from the watch band on the wrist. I think the worst thing that happened was pinching a fold of skin on the ring finger between the ring and the bar.

used the under hand grip watch faced out. the hard part was finding some one your size to work with. the new guy could never remember to to to be to the front not in the center. if you lifted it from the side you needed to do the test first to get the balance. so that the two of you didn't dump the pt on there head. always to far back and just about the time you were close to the back door the gurney would take a dip to the head end. I only did grandmother one time with the 31 I had. my brother in law complains about hurting his back to this day. man that was as close as I ever want to come to dropping one.

For all the old timers, assuming we all lifted a FW #30 in and out of the ambulance from the side from the lower bar between the wheels, were your knuckles in or out? Anyone every break a watch or get pinched by a ring while lifting?

Me and most everyone I ever worked with were knuckes in. Cracked a couple of watches. Also a few gouges from the watch band on the wrist. I think the worst thing that happened was pinching a fold of skin on the ring finger between the ring and the bar.

For me, it got to the point that I would buy the cheap $2 digital watches 2 or three at a time as the bar hit right on that spot, on my arm, and I always forgot to turn the darn watch around.

We always did it knuckes out, that way if you were good at it you could grab the wheel release lever to raise or lower the cot.
PS: always transport with the cot down, never in the up position, otherwise sharp turns could cause the cot to turn on its side!

We had some who took the stretcher out,still airborne, trip the release and let the undercarriage slide down their leg,they are also the ones who wondered later why the stretcher collapsed when they thought it was locked,they were the original dumb and dumber.

Back